+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy New Year everyone. Good to be in the year that our babies arrive. @Leafy & @SleepyDude 45 is crazzzzzyyy!

AFM confirmed no GD and bubs is head down so it is starting to feel like it is getting closer now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone getting a baby capsule? (you know the ones that go from car to pram so you don't have to wake them?) we didn't with our first, but this time we've got school drop off. Just seems expensive though for something that only lasts 3-6 months.

Good stuff @Bellydance , everything is just around the corner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting the capsules. We've hired them from hire for baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SleepyDude I hired one too, for exactly the same reason!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought one but managed to get one that was ex floor stock on sale for half price (win). It is our first bubs and we hope to have another after this so works out around the same as hiring, I think.

On the subject of hiring, who is getting a tenns machine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

hope your doing well, its getting a bit uncomfortable now as we get bigger. Don’t envy those dealing with 45 degrees, I find 34 degrees awful!

As for the capsule I hadn't planned on getting one this time although definitely is handy and I did hire one for my last bub. Was going to invest in good baby carrier to help me with preschool drop offs so I can have my hands free holding my 2 younger ones hands. Anything not to need to lug out my huge beama Q pram.

As anyone got a good baby carrier they can recommend. I had a bjorn but sold it. Was thinking Ergo 360 but its so expensive so keeping any eye on Ebay. Also heard the Manduca is good too. Just dont’ want one that is time consuming or fiddly to put on.

Not sure if I mentioned I did get Gestational Diabetes (3rd time lucky) which has been a big pain but going ok and so far just on insulin at night times (it was hard to manage it at Christmas with all the yummy foods).

Had my OB appt this morning for my 32 week check up and bub is measuring to size so far at 1.8kg. He was happy considering I've got G/D as normally bubs can be bigger. He has tentatively booked me in for my C-section at 38 weeks which will be 23rd Feb, feeling so excited now and also nervous as so much to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SleepyDude I have gotten the Joie Muze travel system as this is our first bub and we have 5 embryos on ice (and we will probably use them all) we figured the investment was a good one... Only issue is we have two cars, but can't seem to purchase the base part separately here... It's a UK brand and love the pram...
    @butterfli Baby carriers, I went to baby bunting and was able to try on lots of them... Found the Mini Monkey was the most comfortable for me, plus was extremely light weight and not a lot of fabric as living in nth QLD to much fabric makes baby and me to hot... And it's able to go from newborn with no extra insert to 18 Kg with no issues... And four different positions...

AFM --- getting bigger it feels every day... My birthday is on Saturday... 37 oh my... About 8 years behind my family making plans when I was in high school 😃

Have my first appointment with new hospital next week... So pretty excited about that... And then follow up with I think the gdt the following Tuesday (few days after my baby shower guess I won't eat all the cupcakes) don't want another thing to be thrown in the mix of all my other "issues"

Well... Some of you will soon to be start having some babies... Can't wait to see the photos...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

butterfli  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last baby my wife just used a big long stretchy bit of fabric that you wrap around you in a certain way. At first it was a bit of a PIA but after a while she got it on/off really quickly! so could be a good cheap option.

Can find a youtube video if anyone is interested.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

butterfli  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've bought ergos for the carriers. Just the standard not the 360. I got one with the newborn insert on gumtree for $100 and the second (also with newborn insert but the xtra not the original) on sale at baby bunting for $130.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

butterfli  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The mini monkey was $125 at baby bunting...