+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone . I have been so busy with Christmas and family over from Melbourne that I haven't had much time to post.

Sounds like there is a bit of swelling and pain going on. I have been having a bit of aching hips and sore lower back when lying in bed and then a bit of pubis symphysis discomfort when getting out of bed. Saw my chiro on Saturday and it's all a bit better now. I can't really see my feet anymore to tell if my ankles are cankles but I can only wear my wedding ring and not my engagement ring as well.

Cute overalls Soques!

I'm with you frogpossum and OIC, aiming for mid-January but that would only be one week early for me. I can't believe my ticker says 3 weeks and 5 days to go. I am so much less organised than last time. Must get baby clothes and wraps out to wash them!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!! Is anyone actually doing anything for NYE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy I'm with you on being very disorganised this time- I think I had everything ready by now for dd!
    at least I know why I'm feeling sooo uncomfortable! Midwife and latest scan shows I'm measuring at 38 weeks!?!?! Considering 34+4 I'm hoping it means I'll go sooner rather than later! Saw a woman on the news the other night who had a 13pound baby naturally Really want to avoid that! It is a bit unsettling when all the medical staff just assume I have gestational diabetes due to bubs size. Bubs is head down still but not engaged at all- the question now is if it's too big for my pelvis, which is inverted.
    Cant believe we'll have some babies soon!! Can't wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well tomorrow is Jan... 10 days to my birthday... Babyshower planned for the following weekend...

Let the babies begin... Hope everyone is surviving the heat... I know I'm not doing so well with it... And I still have 3 months to go... Ugh

HAPPY NEW YEAR....don't think I'll make it to midnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @Leafy I'm with you on being very disorganised this time- I think I had everything ready by now for dd!
    at least I know why I'm feeling sooo uncomfortable! Midwife and latest scan shows I'm measuring at 38 weeks!?!?! Considering 34+4 I'm hoping it means I'll go sooner rather than later! Saw a woman on the news the other night who had a 13pound baby naturally Really want to avoid that! It is a bit unsettling when all the medical staff just assume I have gestational diabetes due to bubs size. Bubs is head down still but not engaged at all- the question now is if it's too big for my pelvis, which is inverted.
    Cant believe we'll have some babies soon!! Can't wait!!
    @frogpossum hi I did have gd and every single scan I had our baby was on the 95th percentile plus for stomach, head and thigh, and measured between 21-25 days ahead right from day dot (if she hadn't been an ivf baby they would've changed my edd). I was induced at 38+6 and she was 3.18kg (7lb), 48cm long and head 34....please don't stress too much about size as the scans can only give an indication and there is some leeway either way. Not long now!! Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And she didn't engage until right at the end either, there was doubt as to whether or not she'd fit! I had the suction cap thingy and then she shot out like a cork hahaha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I'm soooo over this heat and being this big!!! Trying to keep dd entertained is hard work at the moment, not to mention dh is going stir crazy on his holidays- he doesn't handle doing nothing very well!! @Molros I hope your right, dd was born at 37 weeks +2 and was 3.5kg (7pounds11oz) so am a bit worried this will be huge! Only time will tell and right now I don't really mind how it comes out as long as it's sooner rather than later!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum too funny... Totally understand about the heat though...

Itchy stretch marks? Any suggestions on taming the itch? I really don't care about the marks themselves as I knew I was going to get lots of them which I do... Just my skin type... But the itch? Unbearable more of the time... Help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques not much you can do except try to keep cool and be careful with the types of fabrics you wear. Sorbalene cream can help too. I haven't got any new ones this time but suffered from puppps last time- which lead me to be induced. Basically the itch spread over my whole body and was itchy all the time- thankfully really only kicked in at 35 weeks! Couldn't sleep and was a bloody mess!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

Soques  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else in Perth? Nearly 45 degrees today! Yuck. I was just feeling glad that I din't go into labour in this heat. While the hospital should be cool my aircon was struggling to cope.
    @frogpossum struggled with my DD today too. We have watched a lot of Hi5. It didn't help that she refused to have a nap.
    @Soques I haven't had itchy stretch marks but I would try some body butter or Bio-oil.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (06-01-2015),Soques  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy Yeh it was nuts yesterday! Wife was grateful for aircon and fan hat was for sure.

I've started working earlier and earlier so I can get home as by the arvo she is pooped, I think she'll be a bit more happy when DD starts preprimary

Ours is measuring a week and a half ahead too...

Hope your are all keeping well!