+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry soques about feeling kicks just yet, I felt like mine was really late also but my ob assured me it was very crushioned by my placenta.

I cried when I had my scan at 20weeks as I was so worried as had felt absolutely nothing and thought something was wrong. My stenographer asked me if I drank coffee as bub was so bouncy! I couldn't believe it as felt nothing.

I'm 26weeks now and movements are constant so it won't be long for you either I'm sure.

Getting a little stressed about car seats as we just haven't had the time to really focus on it. We have 4 but I need to get slim line ones.

Just wanted to tell you all, try get the ones that go from newborn to 7 years and slimline as we are stuck as only got the ones that were newborn to 4years.

so it's headache spending more money to get my 4 year old in booster and buying slimmer ones to fit 3 in my car which is a sedan but not overly big.

Had my 2hour gestational diabetes test yesterday so hope I don't get it for the 3rd time. Next ob appt is next Friday

How is everyone going? Welcome to the newcomers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @butterfli felt little "Opie" this morning... While sitting here reading bubhub... Pretty excited...

For car seats... As this is our first... Went with the Joie Muze travel system... Capsule with pram.. Compact, easy to fold and don't have to worry about taking baby our of car seat for the first 6 to 9 months... So pretty excited about that as well... Then will look at getting slim car seat and save capsule for next baby 😜

So we have YES to getting a concrete pool... Hope to get it in and running sometime in Feb... So hope the BIG rain stays away for awhile... Or comes now and then stops for jan/feb... It's going to be quite nice with a beach area for the babies to play in...

Hoping to chance doctors... Going from the private hospital to the general hospital... Hope to have my first appointment next week to see if they are more willing to work with me than my current ob ... FX everything goes to plan... Not much else to choose from if not...

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Soques. I'm in the public system this time and the ob I'm seeing is disinterested at best! Worse since I said I want to try for a vbac. I said I hope for a quicker recovery and to be able to drive etc, without having to wait 6 weeks esp with a nearly 4 year old starting kinder around the same time. He told me I can drive and there not that bad. Had to laugh because out of the two of us, I'm the only one who's had one- so I think I may have a better idea of how they feel!!!
    Im not too hopeful now but he begrudgingly booked me in for a growth scan at 32 weeks so we can estimate how big bubs is. I get to see lots if midwives and they seem more supportive. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
    By the way congrats on feeling bubs move. It's amazing how all of a sudden you just know that's your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear some of you are not entirely happy with your care. That can't be very helpful.
    @Soques a pool sounds awesome. I'm already feeling the heat and it hasn't even been that hot here. Wish I could spend summer floating in a pool. It's a nice break for the body too.

Welcome @mickynrack I've got my second anterior placenta too. Both bubs have been real movers and not easy to ignore. Enjoy all the kicks.
    @frogpossum Oh that darn reflux. It gets me when I have to bend over to do something for my toddler. I have started eating dinner earlier too which means its not bothering me so much when I go to bed.
    @butterfli I have to get a new carseat for DD1 too. I haven't even looked yet but do wish the newborn to 8 years were available when we got hers.

Hello to everyone else!!!

AFM - 32 weeks here, so definitely on the countdown. Had an OB appointment on Tuesday and had the good news that I don't have GD, bub is head down and the placenta has moved up out of the way so I don't have to worry about it. It's getting so close!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (29-11-2014),SleepyDude  (30-11-2014),Soques  (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who is the first scheduled to pop? Weeks are flying by, they'll all be here before we know it.

The wife is getting quite sore feet, gave her a massage with some cocobutter but the puppy loves it so just licks her feet or follows her around afterwards. Haha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SleepyDude haha that made me laugh about the cocobutter!

Not long now for some. We did have a due date list somewhere. Who is expecting in Jan??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm trucking along - at 25 weeks now and thankfully have just started my maternity leave! School holidays have come at the right time - I don't think I could have lasted much longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due Dates

Two mummys - 17th Jan
    Leafy - 23rd Jan girl
    frogpossum - 5th Feb (CS 29th Jan)
    SleepyDude - 21st Feb
    butterfli - 5th March
    bel2466 - 6th March (CS possibly Feb) girl
    Bellydance - 15th March
    phee83 (twins) - 20th March (possibly 27th Feb)
    Soques - 29th March boy

Here's the due date list. Looks like Twomummys is due first and then me, though I don't think Twomummys has posted in here in a long time. Frogpossum are you still scheduled for csection on the 29th of Jan? First baby may be between us I think.

It's not a very big list, is anyone missing?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy I'm still booked in for a csection around the 29th but hope I go into labour sooner so I can try for a vbac. Was going off the idea but my sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl on Friday and was up and around that night and home the next day- so fingers crossed I at least get the chance. I have a growth scan on Wednesday so will hopefully know more then!! Getting so close - I feel soo big and keep having strangers come up to me saying 'oh any day now!' And when I say no end of jan they then say 'how manus in there?' Bloody rude!!! Although I must admit I feel like I'm a month further along!!
    Hows everyone else travelling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all, I'm still here and chugging along :-) am 27+ 3 but feel like 37 +3! Due date still 6th march and still likely to be scheduled for a c section late feb. Hope everyone is doing well xx