+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scan was pretty painful today... Sonographer had to press pretty hard to get all the photos of the heart she needed.. Bub had his back to us so no good photos of his face either... But everything looked good and everything was in the correct place... so excited about that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean soques! My belly hurt for a while after too, almost like it was bruised. My belly is quite hard and she had to press pretty firmly for 1.5hours!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to see everyone doing so well, good scans etc. @phee83 Congrats! How lovely! One of each!

How did all the glucose tolerance tests go?
    I just got the all clear, thank goodness. I think I was really worried about it.
    But since my last BT just over a month ago my iron and ferritin has dropped from being just over the range (I have haemochromotosis) to being bottom if the range! Pebble must have been doing some pretty iron-intensive growing over the last month!

I just bought a cot! Makes this all feel a lot more real! We had liked it on line, and just found it on clearance! Woo hoo!

Now.....car seats.......too overwhelming and confusing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone- hope your all travelling along well! @Soques hope your morph scan went well.
    Im 28 weeks tomorrow Can't believe how fast it's all going. Had a midwife appt yesterday and decided to ask about the possibility of a vbac. Not sure if I'm mad or not but really want to try for a quick recovery especially with nearly 4 yo dd! I've been referred and will get assessed for the risk, midwife said I can change my mind at any time, but just thought I might give it a go
    Also been referred to a physio re pelvic pain, so will ask them what else I can do on Monday when I get in! A part from that I'm feeling really great, bubs is certainly active, I'm also getting very tempted to find out the sex- but am so far staying strong!!! Just lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan results were good... But sonographer had to push really hard... Been sore there for about a week. Not real happy with my ob... Went in with birth plan prior to paying the management fee... And she was not at all what I had hoped for... So might be changing obs if I can find anyone to help me out... The way I want... My search is limited with my location but hopefully will find someone...

HypnoBirthing class was great... Loved it...

Not feeling bub to much as my placenta is in the front... But sure that will change soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques I was the same with dd- seemed to take forever to feel her move, but you'll find they get stronger everyday! I still can remember her curling her toes around my ribs and pushing down- I could envisage a diver- boy oh boy that hurt lol!
    Has bubhub been playing up for anyone else- sometimes I posts disappear and then reappear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum bubhub has been playing up for me the last few days. I kept getting messages there were new posts in this thread but when I looked the newest was from a week ago. All of a sudden I can see posts from the last week.
    @Soques I have had an anterior placenta both times and it took until about 22 weeks the first time to get strong kicks. Both bugs of mine have been real movers so constant movement in the third trimester. First one was a kicker and this one is a wriggler. Lots of tumble turns at the moment.
    @OIC well done with the GTT! I have a friend with haemochromotosis too, it's amazing that you have low iron. My GTT was a dud - all the other stuff was on the form but not the GTT so I had to get another form from the OB and am doing it tomorrow.

Is anyone getting reflux? I am having very bad reflux at the moment. Can't like down flat first thing when I go to bed and after I get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet it flares up then too and I can't lie down flat. 10 weeks to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Leafy yep hearing you with the reflux. I was taking Zantac but that stopped working, spoke to midwife and she suggested gastro gel. I was a very sceptical but so far it's doing the trick. I take it before meals and bed. It doesn't taste too bad and doesn't leave a chalky residue in my mouth( that makes me gag). With dd my ob prescribed another tablet, can't remember what, but that worked really well too. Good luck it's horrible!!!
    Afm I seem to be having insomnia most nights! Driving me crazy- I'm sooo tired, then get to bed and can't sleep. Didn't help that dh was a bit drunk when he came to bed last night and was snoring like a ****** train!! Grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for those ladies that have had babies before... How bad is it to sleep on your back? Do you wake up before anything bad happens? I am usually a side sleeper but getting pregnant seems to make me want to sleep on my back... Not sure if it's just because I am rolling over because I have put my arm to sleep or what but find I wake up in the night laying on my back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that back sleeping is discouraged but I don't think a small amount is problematic. In my first pregnancy when I felt like I needed to sleep on my back I would pop a pillow behind me so that I was never lying completely flat. If you are rolling over in your sleep perhaps that is something that you could try. I already sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and under my belly, so having another one behind me is like being in my own pillow fort .