+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Make sure you are taking your Vit D with a fat based liquid like milk other wise it won't be absorbed. Would also recommend a shot of it if it's extremely low... I had two in a three month period of time... Shots that is... To get me above 100 for ivf... I am now down to 89 so trying to get outside more with as much exposed skin as possible...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Make sure you are taking your Vit D with a fat based liquid like milk other wise it won't be absorbed. Would also recommend a shot of it if it's extremely low... I had two in a three month period of time... Shots that is... To get me above 100 for ivf... I am now down to 89 so trying to get outside more with as much exposed skin as possible...
    That might explain it, I've been taking it with orange juice. That might explain it.
    Thanks for the info

4. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Soques  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And really if they in the danger low area... I would recommend a shot to boost them quickly and then take the supplements to keep them high... Also get out side... Where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Soques I'm going to ask for one next week. Just so I can catch up, get on top of the issue.

I live in Melbourne, horrible gray winter. I must make more of an effort to go outside in my lunch breaks to get more sun. And on the weekends just to absorb more vit D.

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Soques  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    9 weeks today! I had my last scan with fs before I start seeing the obstetrician. The twins are doing great! At 7 weeks fs was a bit worried about one of them as the yolk sac was a bit larger than normal and the embryo was a bit smaller than the other one, but now the yolk sac has shrunk to normal size and both fetuses are now the same size with heartrates of 150bpm so fs is very happy with them . So happy right now!

How's everyone else going???

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    9 weeks today! I had my last scan with fs before I start seeing the obstetrician. The twins are doing great! At 7 weeks fs was a bit worried about one of them as the yolk sac was a bit larger than normal and the embryo was a bit smaller than the other one, but now the yolk sac has shrunk to normal size and both fetuses are now the same size with heartrates of 150bpm so fs is very happy with them . So happy right now!

How's everyone else going???

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

yay Phee83 that such great news.

When is your OB appt ??

AFM I buckled today and got my hair done, it was looking terrible I could not stand it any longer. I was going to wait until 12 weeks, I'm now 11 weeks.
    Tried to get another scan referral from the GP the other day. They said it's not needed, so now to wait for the 13 weeks. Seeing the OB on Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news phee, how exiting having two! Glad both bubs are measuring well.

francesthecat it's so hard waiting between scans, I feel the same. Glad you got your hair done Im booked in as well.

Afm had my harmony test on Thursday so had a blood test done so now have to wait two weeks as only the US can test the results. I was surprised it's not done in Australia yet but it's so new here. She did a quick scan on bub first to check on it and measuring 2days ahead at 11weeks 2 days.

I have my nuchal test next Friday that's big worry for me after my last bub. Fingers crossed its a much better result this time.

how is everyone else going, hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone... Doing pretty well here. Enjoying the rain we are getting and so is my garden... This is usually a DRY month for us north QLD.

My ob said that she is going to do the verifi test, which reading sounds like the harmony test, just the Australia version. Results come in much quicker too, like a few days.

Has anyone heard or done this, looks like it is through Sullivan nicholades pathology. About the same price though. Just thought I would mention it just incase no on had heard of it.

Says it's suppose to be more accurate than the Harmony test... Results in 5-8 days... Read the doctors brochure from link below.

http://www.snp.com.au/patient-services/verifi.aspx
    Last edited by Soques; 16-08-2014 at 07:09.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

butterfli  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great find Soques, wish I had of known about that one (verify test) before I did the harmony test, so I could ask my OB. I found out about Harmony through Bub hub and OB told me he was going to recommend it for this bub (after I had my CVS last time). I read the verify brochure and sounds practically the same. I'd be super annoyed if the test for the Verify cost less than harmony as its so expensive and no rebate. I like that the wait time was quicker as well. Always good reading on bub hub and belonging to these threads, you learn things all the time Enjoy your wet weather weekend, its supposed to rain here in Sydney as well but hasn't started yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure on the cost yet, but in think it's about the same. Will let you know and there is NO Medicare rebate on this either... To think it's the same just a different trademark name.