+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum That is unbelievable behaviour from a doctor! Make that complaint to AHPRA.
    @Soques I always use this website http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/.../#.U-QXJssaySM
    I like the way it has red, orange and green coding to be clear. Most things in a restaurant will be fine to eat as they are freshly cooked and come piping hot. The only thing to avoid (of cooked food) is steak that is not well done.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Leafy For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well saw my ob today... Wants me to increase my thyroid meds, tsh is too high so have to wait to be advised how much, but in the mean time going to just take a double dose.

Had some routine bloods today, scan on Wednesday next week, see her again on 21st for more bloods and next plan of attack.

Feeling a bit seasick today, think might have some late ms coming my way... 6 weeks 5 days

So tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone been told they are low in iodine ? I've been told to start taking blackmores pregnancy gold now instead of the other pregnancy supplements. I wonder if I have a thyroid issue ?

@Soques yep I hear you on the sea sickness and tiredness.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Has anyone been told they are low in iodine ? I've been told to start taking blackmores pregnancy gold now instead of the other pregnancy supplements. I wonder if I have a thyroid issue ?

@Soques yep I hear you on the sea sickness and tiredness.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
    Yep I was low in iodine. My fs had it tested before we started our last cycle and so I've been taking supplements for the last few months. I take liquid drops. Now that we're pregnant I'm having it retested to check that I am getting enough from the supplements.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat Might not be a thyroid issue per say... But your body needs to make more thyroid while we are pregnant hense why I have had to double my dose of medication to 180 mg from 90 mg... As so if your thyroid is working fine, it just might need the extra iodine to keep the levels high enough... If your worried about thyroid issues... Have the following tested... Not all doctors will normally call for all these tests so be sure to insist. Tsh, t3, t4, free t3, reverse t3, and thyroid antibodies (the last one is to test for Hashimoto's autoimmune where your body starts to attack your thyroid gland)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Yep I was low in iodine. My fs had it tested before we started our last cycle and so I've been taking supplements for the last few months. I take liquid drops. Now that we're pregnant I'm having it retested to check that I am getting enough from the supplements.

Especially with twins...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    Especially with twins...
    Exactly, it's annoying that the iodine test isn't covered by Medicare so I have to pay for it again but how else are you supposed to know if you're taking the right amount!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for those test to request Soques. I never of course would have known what to ask for.

Yeah mega annoying that it's not covered by medicare grrr. Wonder why that is ?
    And how are you just supposed to know these things.

FS has asked me to change supplements to Blackmores instead of the Elevit I'm now taking two a day. Hopefully that is enough to fix it.

Ive got my 10 week scan and blood test Monday I'm getting very nervous. But hopefully all is still going well. Afternoon MS has been my friend over the last few days. Blah

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the thyroid tests are covered by Medicare... They are for me, but could be because I have a diagnosed disease for it... So not sure...

I'm taking blackmores as well... Has more stuff needed for pregnancy than the elavit.

Evening nausea is hitting me the last few days... No actual vomit, but oh I feel like it's close... Not liking this part of the roller coaster.

Had a pretty good weekend overall... So excited for my first scan on Wednesday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from my first Ob appointment and saw bub moving its little arms and legs around. It was absolutely amazing. Starting to feel real after seeing that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

phee83  (11-08-2014)