+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Bellydance, we have just bought a new car after doing lots of research. I thought I wanted a SUV mainly for the big easy access boot but we were very disappointed with the range although we felt the CX5 was the best of the bunch. We ended up with a Renault megane sports wagon. Drives sensationally and the boot and size is better than the small/med SUV's. Obviously it doesn't have 7 seats though. It's leather interior and great features for well under $30k brand new.
    If you are looking for a good size 5 seater that drives well and huge boot it's great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Soques I have the 7 seater Santa fe, it's a great car and I love it but it is a little squishy in the 3rd row.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the advise... We are putting this on hold for a while and see what new things come out... Supposidely a whole new line up of cars is about to be released for 2015... So will see how that goes.

AFM with baby stuff... 6 weeks and 3 days today... Got an appointment with a new ob on Friday morning. It was originally planned for the 18th but got a call a few mins later and the moved it to Friday... Guess she wants to get me thyroid under control sooner... Not sure... No major issues, still really tired but last few nights my sciatica has been giving me some dramas... Other night when I went to get up to pee (for the third time) I about hit the floor in pain, knee about gave out from the pain shock... Stretch stretch and more stretch... Got a blood nose tonight and couldn't stop sneezing have no idea if they have anything to do with anything... And my face is breaking out again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg ladies and man I'm about to have one hell of a rant!!!!
    Ok so back story is this pregnancy I'm a public patient as we had to let our private health insurance go with ivf and saving to move to Ireland in 2016. Big difference for my wonderful ob last time!
    I was seeing a doctor but she didn't use a computer and didn't have a reception etc so when you rang she'd put you on loud speaker while having other patients in the room. Also I had to print all the forms to book me into hospital because she didn't and then find a fax to fax it off..... So I decided to change doctors, and am now seeing a lovely one who lives in the 21st (or is it now 22nd?!?!) century. Here's where the rant starts...
    So rang old doc asking her to transfer my file to new doc and to cancel all my up coming appts. She was ****ed and had a go, I was pleasant and said we just weren't compatible etc. An hour later she calls and tells me that my blood test and nt test had come back and it was positive for downs. I said 'you mean it's come back high risk' and she said 'no it's positive for downs your baby has Down syndrome!' I then went on to say but it's only a screening and she was no it says your baby is positive. She then said she wouldn't fax all the paperwork to my new doc as it's 10 pages long!! I was shocked and really upset til I calmed down. I've made an appt with new doc this arvo to go thru the test results and also just got back from picking up results from evil bi**h doc. I've since looked through them and it clearly says they are screening results and I tested 1 in 70 for downs so positive for high risk. She just did it to cause me alarm and worry. I'll be making a formal complaint! Cow!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Frog Possum what horrible treatment and unbelievably unprofessional. I'd be so upset and shocked. Good on you for finding a new doctor. There is no way she should have said its positive for downs, especially at 1 in 70 with a screening!!! Just so you know, I had 1 in 5 chance for my last baby and my risk was extremely high for d/s. I then went on to do a CVS to confirm but it came back negative for downs and he was born perfectly normal. Hope your new doctor helps alleviate your fears a CVS or Aminio will confirm for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @butterfli. I still can't believe it. I even said to her that it can't give a defiant yes or no- it's only a screening and works out the risk factor, but she was no your baby has downs. I also had a 1 in 13 for dd and ended up having a cvs and she is fine, which was the whole reason behind us having the harmony test. Which we got less than 1 in 10000 in that. The only conclusion I can come to is that it was a vindictive act to cause me pain and worry.
    Thankfully I have researched and knew she was wrong, imagine if I took her word as gospel. Just shocked someone especially a doctor can be so cruel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum .... So sorry to near about the dr... You have every right to file a complaint and I think you should.

So question.... My DH and I have been asked to for a dinner and a movie with some friends and he is sooooooo paranoid about what I can and can not eat... And it's starting to make life a bit miserable... I have just got up from a nap. I am a bit sick of eating fish and chips from the coffee club but I am not sure what else to do... I would really like to have a vegitainan pizza this evening but he's even worried about that...

How can I get his attitude to change as we always seem to have an argument over what I can and can not eat... Issue is he keeps reading more and more on the internet about what I shouldn't be eating...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @frogpossum!!!! that sounds so unprofessional. Bad enough for her to say that if your results came back high risk but if you had already had a harmony test (which results I assume she would have had) showing exremely low risk then it makes it even worse that she would say such a thing. Sorry you had to go through such a nasty experience but thank goodness you knew enough not to take her at her word.

How is everyone feeling? I have morning/all day sickness and have struggled to eat anything at all today. It seems to be getting worse the last couple of days
    Always hated that emoticon but it's how I feel right now. 8+4 today. Bring on the second trimester.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg @frogpossum that is terrible.. making a formal complaint seems the correct way to go.

I'm feeling great @Bellydance , perfectly normal

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyDude For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (09-08-2014),frogpossum  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @frogpossum that is the most unprofessional DR I've ever hear of. So glad you have another real DR.
    I would be making a huge huge complaint about her.
    I'm just speachless, I would want to push her over the the street, very hard. Grr

It must be the day for it Belllydance I feel completely awful this afternoon. Blah over this. caught me off guard had been good for most of the week.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

Soques I had to tell my DH just to back the hell off. I just said don't get in the way of me and food. I'm eating healthy, as long as its well cooked and fresh should be fine. Of course not deli meats, soft cheese salad bars etc. Yep I'm having veg pizza on Friday night.

Bring on the weekend

16. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

frogpossum  (08-08-2014)