+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a random question... Does anyone have or has had a Holden Captiva 7 (or 5)? Looking a purchased one. Looking for any type of feedback.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques, I heard mechanics nickname it the craptiva... have you looked at the nissan dualis or toyota kluger? What is your budget? Sorry for busting in, hoping to join you ladies on 15/8 all going to plan x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    I have a random question... Does anyone have or has had a Holden Captiva 7 (or 5)? Looking a purchased one. Looking for any type of feedback.
    I have to agree with KitiK they are pretty terrible mechanically as it's a Daewoo engine in the captivas. Steer clear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our 12 week scan. Baby has grown and kicking along as normal. Few days ahead.

Told our daughter last night. Framed the news so it was all about how she will be a big sister and she took it very well. Did ask how it got in there and if she could watch it come out because she doesn't know how they get out. O_o
    @Soques when we were researching mid size SUVs the captiva had a great feature set but just didn't get many good reviews due to the daewoo engine. We ended up choosing a Mazda CX-5 with the Hyundai ix35 coming a close second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone... We have decided on holding off at the moment... We really need a real 7 seater...where someone my size (almost 6 foot tall) can sit I the third row. The captiva has that foot well and took it for a test drive yesterday and it was really nice... I have test drove just about everything out there... X-trail was also nice, but it doesn't have a true 7 seats and I don't think you could even put kids in the back ones. The Mazda cx-9 hated the centre console it was so large when I turned corners my elbow hit it... The Stavic was okay, but it's another Korean no name brand. Territory didn't have true 7 seats... Haven't seen how the outlander 7 seater looks, so have no idea, Kia sorento I can't remember the back seats, but kinda out of price range, and the Santa Fe I haven't test drove yet, but I don't think it had foot wells either... So my choices are limited... Along with the budget... Might have to look second hand, but the you have all those issues as well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyDude View Post
    We had our 12 week scan. Baby has grown and kicking along as normal. Few days ahead.

Told our daughter last night. Framed the news so it was all about how she will be a big sister and she took it very well. Did ask how it got in there and if she could watch it come out because she doesn't know how they get out. O_o
    @Soques when we were researching mid size SUVs the captiva had a great feature set but just didn't get many good reviews due to the daewoo engine. We ended up choosing a Mazda CX-5 with the Hyundai ix35 coming a close second.
    I love my Hyundai Tuscan City... So was hoping the ix35 was going to be fabulous... But it's horrible...the seats don't lie flat, the front seats have the curving thing that jabbs into you butt... It was so uncomfortable I was so disappointed ... As that was my first choose just to get a new one of them... We paid $24,000 for ours brand new in 2006 but those are now way over $30k... Why did the price of cars go up so much in 8 years? I don't get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news for your 12 week scan Sleepydude. Very cute how you told your daughter as well.

My 10week scan has been pushed to Monday as I'm measuring 2 days behind they need to be sure of dates for Harmony test.

Also apart from Sleepydude has anyone else gotten facial hair? OMG this is so wrong, it started as peach fuzz ok not too bad. Now it's looking like a beard.
    Im light skinned with blonde/ brown hair. So it really is starting to stand out.
    Im going to see a what can be done about this apart from shaving it. Lol

Hope everyone else is doing well too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh, yeh I'm a shorty so that changes everything @Soques.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your 12 weeks Sleep dude, its sweet how you told your daughter, what would the age difference be once bub is born? I've been thinking of ways to announce the birth to family and friends although my two boys already know (2 & 4) so far they have kept it quiet to others. I have brought them both t-shirts saying "I'm going to be a big brother" ready for the big announcement for our families starting with my mum and dad this weekend, can't wait.
    Had my 1st OB appt yesterday and now have my nuchal scan booked for 2 weeks time (12 weeks) and harmony test is for next week (11 weeks) between both tests it will be expensive but worth it.
    Good luck with buying a new car Soques a 7 seater would be great to have but its so expensive although you might get lucky with a second hand one with low mileage. I’m going to try my hardest to avoid buying a new one but not sure how we are going to cram 3 car seats in the back (have a ford focus Sedan).
    Good luck for your scan on Monday Francesthecat. I tried to get my harmony test at 10 weeks but they preferred it 11 weeks. They said it could take up to 2 weeks for the results to come in.
    ScubaGal hope your doing ok and your results are getting higher each day. Big hugs otherwise.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SleepyDude that must be such a relief getting the 12 week scan all okay. Congratualtions. Now you can start telling people and I guess that will make it feel more real :-)
    @francesthecat maybe the facial hair means you are having a boy

We are also looking at mid sized SUVs at the moment. The Mazxa X5 gets the best reviews in that class but I didn't really like the way the engine cuts out even though I know it is what makes the car so fuel efficient. Drove the new Nissan Cashqui and liked that so that may be the way we go. I think it is the new Dualis. Does anyone have any experience or views about these cars or other mid sized suvs?