+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83 we had a frozen transfer, so kinda counted 5 days and 2 weeks backward from transfer then used that as the LMP date for a traditional calendar.. Worked out correct with the dating scan too.
    @Soques we aren't using any apps.. What are you hoping an app will do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyDude View Post
    @phee83 we had a frozen transfer, so kinda counted 5 days and 2 weeks backward from transfer then used that as the LMP date for a traditional calendar.. Worked out correct with the dating scan too.
    @Soques we aren't using any apps.. What are you hoping an app will do?
    Well... I POAS and got a BFP so awaiting BT for tomorrow... So hopefully will be able to officially join this group tomorrow... As this will be my first and I have no idea what happens next... Was looking for an App that would tell me what to expect, how to track things like cravings, weird things that happen to me, photos, doctors appointments, tips, what to look out for, what to stay away from. There is lots out there, but nothing that does everything...

When should certain tests be done, what are the different tests out there and what do they do and test for... You know things I should know...

And having went through the ivf way... It seems to be a bit different than natural.
    Last edited by Soques; 22-07-2014 at 18:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques when I was having my first I used the book 'what to expect when your expecting' like a bible. I haven't found any app that gives the same amount if info. I would look stuff up constantly and it put my mind at ease a lot of the time. Hope to see you 'officially' here tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @Soques when I was having my first I used the book 'what to expect when your expecting' like a bible. I haven't found any app that gives the same amount if info. I would look stuff up constantly and it put my mind at ease a lot of the time. Hope to see you 'officially' here tomorrow!
    Yep got that book, but about 1 or 2 editions ago so not sure how much has changed... Like went to try and look up the harmony test someone mentioned on here and it's not in there... So might have to get the updated version.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques I researched the harmony test online. I had the test last week and should get the results next Tuesday. I first heard about it on here and googled like mad til I found out about. It's only recently became more widely available so heaps more info on it now. You don't require a doc referral but if you get one for a dating scan they generally do that for free which is nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques I researched the harmony test online. I had the test last week and should get the results next Tuesday. I first heard about it on here and googled like mad til I found out about. It's only recently became more widely available so heaps more info on it now. You don't require a doc referral but if you get one for a dating scan they generally do that for free which is nice!
    That was you... I thought so...

Thanks... Well might pick your brains later if this keeps going to the forward direction.

Thanks
    Reviews

Im so buying this book!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Im so buying this book!!
    It's a good book... A lot of stuff you probably already know, but so much I don't... It's a great resource .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques ha I've got zero idea about this stuff. I was disgusted when I found out only a few years ago when my sister had her first baby. That you have to go through the birth, and then bleed for ages afterwards. WTF haven't we been through enough!!

I also for some reason did not know that new borns need to be feed several times like every couple of hours etc. I asked my sister so do you set an alarm to remind you, she said " no the poor baby screaming will remind you "!

Ive got lots to learn.

Best wishes your BT

10. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Soques  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Soques I don't think you will find an app that does all those things. Especially because tests and checks can be quite regional. In my first pregnancy I used the What to Expect app and this one I have been using the Baby Center My Pregnancy app because I was on the Baby Center website all the time checking things for my first baby. It doesn't have a place for appointments or things but it does have a little bit of info each day and then at each new week it tells you the development of the baby at that stage. I also downloaded one called iPregnant Pregnancy Tracker which does have an organiser but I haven't really used that one as all the good stuff seems to be on the upgrade and I'm too cheap to pay for it.