+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1yr old wakes up 4+ times a night. Help

My one year old wakes up four times a night if not more crying. She still has a dummy so very rarely she cries when it falls out but usually she puts it back in herself. She isn't cold, doesn't need her nappy changed, doesn't want a bottle, just simply cries and screams in her sleep with her dummy in.

I need help or suggestions on what to do, I feel like a zombie as it's been going on for four months or longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. 15month old in similar situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had a ds who was a terrible sleeper and tried everything including two sleep experts, a psychologist and reading every book possible on sleep issues...here are my suggestions:
    the dummy is stopping her falling into a deep sleep so she would be having little dreams and disturbances in her sleep causing the crying - maybe wean her off the dummy if possible. Once I got rid of ds's dummy his sleeping improved. (Worst week of my life)
    Is she eating enough during the day? Hunger might be causing her to be disturbed during the night. I find is my ds eats a lot during day he sleeps better.
    In the end the biggest factor for ds was sleep apnea. He was stopping breathing during his sleep and this would cause him to scream and cry while still asleep similar to night terrors. Once he had his adenoids removed this completely stopped.
    Hope that helps I understand how terrible it can be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there..... My dd was similar, woke anywhere between 4-10 times until she was 2, when she had tonsils removed. This made an immediate difference. She had enlarged tonsils which was also impacting on her ability to tolerate solids, speech delays & recurrent infections. Is this worth considering? A Gp would refer you to ent. Good luck