+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    Crikey Wise Enough, my sister's exclusively breastfed baby was 11kg at 6mo. I swear she made butter, not milk!!

VP, that kind of 'advice' is the reason my first only saw an mchn 4 times and my second never saw one at all..

Yeah that's what annoys me, if I had been breast feeding they wouldn't say boo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should follow up with - he weighed 12kg by 1yo, so his gaining didn't continue, he just grew into his rolls.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I think as a mum you know when you're getting bad advice, even from a professional.
    Yes like the GP giving me advice on how to get my son to wean (mixed fed at the time) onto just drinking cows milk out of a cup by 10 months, just like she did with her (now adult) children!

I'm not really looking forward to our 12m checks on Wednesday, I'm only going to get him weighed and measured. I really hope she doesn't put worries I don't need into my head!

I miss my old local MCH centre in WA, they had a 'drop in' time each week where you could just come in, weigh and measure your own bub, and say seeya later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Child health nurses make me so angry with their "advice". As a pp said, he is above 15 percent of other babies and as long as he is tracking the line it's not an issue.

Solids when ds was born (20 months now) the guidelines were exclusively bf or formula until 6 months and introduce solids thereafter however milk was still the most important until 12 months.

However there is some evidence to suggest that introducing foods between 4-6 months is the best time for allergies, or rather to not have them.