+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Flying domestic ....

    Hi I am going to Byron bay flying with jetstar. I personally travel pretty light... But I am taking DS - how do I take his pusher? Does this need to be checked? or can I take it carry on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,185
    Thanks
    1,270
    Thanked
    2,593
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I believe it gets checked as oversize baggage. I've never seen a pram/stroller as carry on, always as checked luggage. Check with Jetstar if there are any costs involved.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (23-06-2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,650
    Thanks
    15,094
    Thanked
    11,260
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No cost for one child item eg pram or car seat or portacot from memory.
    Yes it checked in as oversized.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (23-06-2014)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. I haven't checked any luggage - it only gave me the option to check for both of us and I didn't so I guess I'll deal with it when I get to the airport. Its amazing on jetstar how the cost adds up and it stops feeling like a bargain flight.

    As I booked they add:
    12.95 x 2 for insurance
    5.00 x 4 for choosing a seat
    .90c for an sms
    5.95 x 2 for carbon emissions
    2.00 or more for a children's charity
    10.00 x 2 for entertainment
    5.00 x 2 for in house snack voucher
    Plus 20.00 x 4 for checked luggage

    It all starts to add up! I chose to add some things but I'll be buggered if they're getting $20 out of me for choosing my own flipping seats!

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I think you can use it up until you get the gate to board and then when you board they check it as luggage, and then have it ready at the gate again for when youg et off.
    Thanks I'll give this a go

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked
    1,194
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks. I haven't checked any luggage - it only gave me the option to check for both of us and I didn't so I guess I'll deal with it when I get to the airport. Its amazing on jetstar how the cost adds up and it stops feeling like a bargain flight.

    As I booked they add:
    12.95 x 2 for insurance
    5.00 x 4 for choosing a seat
    .90c for an sms
    5.95 x 2 for carbon emissions
    2.00 or more for a children's charity
    10.00 x 2 for entertainment
    5.00 x 2 for in house snack voucher
    Plus 20.00 x 4 for checked luggage

    It all starts to add up! I chose to add some things but I'll be buggered if they're getting $20 out of me for choosing my own flipping seats!
    The ACCC is currently investigating this. Virgin and Jetstar are notorious for it. And all of a sudden the "cheap" flight becomes pretty much a regular priced one.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (23-06-2014)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    The ACCC is currently investigating this. Virgin and Jetstar are notorious for it. And all of a sudden the "cheap" flight becomes pretty much a regular priced one.
    That's good to hear. It was rather sneaky how they do it too. Some things are added without you noticing and it's not until you check your total that you see that somethings not right. I had to go back and un-check things.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked
    1,194
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    That's good to hear. It was rather sneaky how they do it too. Some things are added without you noticing and it's not until you check your total that you see that somethings not right. I had to go back and un-check things.
    That's what I object to. They shouldn't be defaulting to all options checked and the customer having to uncheck them. If you're in a rush or even slightly distracted it's easy to miss.

  12. #9
    BH-KatiesMum's Avatar
    BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    22,400
    Thanks
    5,371
    Thanked
    5,808
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah its not right.

    I dont object to paying extra for extra services, or it being cheaper if you dont want those things - but trying to trick you into paying all these things is what I dont like.


    Have a fun trip anyway

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

    babyla  (23-06-2014)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    yeah its not right.

    I dont object to paying extra for extra services, or it being cheaper if you dont want those things - but trying to trick you into paying all these things is what I dont like.


    Have a fun trip anyway

    I've let the Check Out on the ABC know about it - see if they find it a bit dodgy too!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 13:26
  2. Flying Domestic
    By Lauzy83 in forum General area
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-08-2013, 11:53
  3. Question: flying domestic with children on jetstar.
    By millsmum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 20-08-2013, 13:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Philips AVENT Australia
Pregnancy and early parenthood is an exciting and challenging time, but it’s good to know there is expert advice on hand to ensure that your baby gets the best start in life.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!