+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you have a favourite child?

So, I was out with friends tonight and one of them said that every parent has a favourite child. She doesn't have kids but swears she is the favourite in her family (youngest of 4). As a mother of 2, I was shocked. I told her I don't have a favourite. She said "give it time, it's because they are still young".
    I don't think there is a favourite with my parents but not sure.
    Do parents have favorites and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love both my kids the same but at certain points in time I have liked one or the other best. It mainly depends on who is being the nicer or better behaved of the 2.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (23-06-2014),Mmumm  (23-06-2014),Wise Enough  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have a child who is the easiest... thats about it though. Love them all, they're all wonderful little individuals

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm currently expecting my second so I can't comment really just yet, but I have heard that some parents feel they connect more with one child / are on the same wavelength, which makes sense to me.

My DD has a very intense personality, which I find hard to deal with so I'd imagine I'd feel more comfortable around my DS when he comes if he has a less intense personality. But I'm sure my love for them will be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have days where I prefer one over the other, but that's just really who is being easiest to look after.
    My inlaws openly tell DF he is their favourite, not that they would tell his siblings. They just get along with him so much better than the others. They still love their other children but they don't necessarily like them as people that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't my parents favourite child...
    My second is still young however it's never crossed my mind that one is the favorite over the other. I just sit back and enjoy the funny little moments that each child brings to the table..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes whichever child is being good or is asleep!
    No not at all I love both of them and all the good and the bad that is them. My son is a mummy's boy and my first and my daughter is my baby.
    My parents had 5 kids and I think at different times we have all been the favourite sort of like employee of the month lol.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feel a closer bond/connection with one child. But not what i would call having a favourite.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with your friend OP. I can't speak for myself as I have only one yet.

But I can tell that my son has a favorite parent even though I'm sure he loves both of us just the same

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

littlelove  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can honestly say I do not.