+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were the same except our kids were both in school and past the baby stage. In the end we decided to go for it because we could never regret a child but we could regret never having another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SAME!!

We have been having this exact discussion in our house this weekend, and this is the first topic I see when I log on. Crazy. Anyway, we just don't know.

We have a 5 yr old boy and a 3 month old girl. We know if we have another we want it to be within the next 2 years, but just can't decide whether to go for it or not. Three was always our number, but our family works so well as it is right now that I almost feel like bringing another into the mix could throw things off balance.

Unlike you, I hate pregnancy and don't particularly like newborns much either. If I could choose to skip those parts and go straight to a 1 yr old I think I would take it. Such a hard decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive not long written a similar post. Im 33 so dont want to wait too much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giveitago, so what did you decide?

I completely get what so many of you are saying, it is really comforting knowing that other people are going though the same thing.

I can definitely see us with a 3rd child, but it's not always happy thoughts a lot of the time I think about trying to stop them fighting, or dealing with getting 3 to bed.

I think my biggest problem is the baby stage, I'm just not a big fan... But that doesn't last forever.

Anyone else have any advice/opinions??

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a huge decision for us, but we have just started (first cycle) TTC#3. We have only just got to a stage of normalcy in our life (DD was a bit of a handful when she was younger), so the idea of making life chaotic again was a big one. I had dramas with my 2 previous births so this was also a factor playing on our mind.... But I kept looking at our future and I want the big Christmas with lots of grandkids so we decided to go for it. Hopefully it will happen quickly for us - before we change our mind again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is such a personal thing of course, but I've always felt that it's as much a long term decision as a short term. So yes short term more children mean less money, less time, more work. I also don't do pregnancy or newborn stages very well, but these times are soooo quick. Long term, I am so glad to have a big family to continue to grow with. I do think you'd never regret the children you have but you may regret the children you don't have. Best of luck op

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    So glad I had #3.

I know there will never be an inkling for number 4. I feel totally complete and can't say I would've felt that way had we just had 2. I think I would've always wondered "what if?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sort of the opposite. I know the baby stage and pregnancy goes so quickly and I worry more about providing for three grown children/teenagers, getting them through school and 3 x formals, helping them with cars, clothing 3 children etc.
    Then the logistics of Kindy/primary/highschool (whatever combination it ends up being I can see there will always be two drop offs during our life stages) and also the fact that I need to work and factor all of that in. Sometimes I overthink things.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Full House  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much to everyone who replied, we have decided to just go for it and have baby number 3! Going to start trying next month all the great advice really helped and made me feel like I would be able to cope with having a third. The main deciding factors which helped us to decide was when I kept saying in my head that will just stick with 2 it didn't feel right, I just couldn't let it go so obviously I do really want a third and I'm just scared. I also know that I definitely don't want 4 so if I have a third I know that I will feel complete and there won't ever been this what if lingering over my head for the rest of my life. When it comes to travel my husband and I just decided we can travel Australia for the next few years, there are some amazing places to see in our own county and it is a lot cheaper and we can save all the overseas stuff for when the kids are older and we can travel alone again & the last thing that made me decide was that today is my Birthday and I got beautiful msgs and calls off my brothers and sister & I realised I want that for my kids

Thanks for all your help, such a relief that it is finally decided!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations - and happy birthday!!!
    I still can't decide