+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. .. they've just moved in and obviously dont want their dog running away. .. wait and see if they sort out a more permanent solution for the fence... or if its wailing when they aren't home maybe let them know before consulting council
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 22-06-2014 at 15:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Mayne give them the benefit of the doubt. .. they've just moved in and obviously dont want their dog running away. .. wait and see if they sort out a more permanent solution for the fence... or if its wailing when they aren't home maybe let them know before consulting council
    It's been tied up for two weeks already. OP says they spend maybe 5 mins a day with it and it's distressed. Not the actions of caring owners who are concerned about their dog IMO.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-06-2014),mrswhitehouse  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Id report it whether its legal or not that poor puppy is being neglected

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Bunty  (22-06-2014),LoCo  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks in a property that isn't fully fenced.... how can anyone genuinely say the whole 24 hours of every day the dog has been tied up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

mummytomy2boysxxx  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2 weeks in a property that isn't fully fenced.... how can anyone genuinely say the whole 24 hours of every day the dog has been tied up.
    The OP lives next door and has been keeping an eye on it. Granted she may not spend all day staring at it but I imagine she would not have posted without having a pretty good idea of how long it's been tied up.
    Just my opinion but I don't think any dog should spend the majority of it's time tied up. In my view if the fence isn't suitable it should have been fixed before they moved in or within a day or two at most. We have a responsibility to our pets- to treat them with kindness and respect. Tied up in isolation for weeks doesn't fulfil that. Legalities aside, it seems like a very wrong thing to do.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (22-06-2014),mrswhitehouse  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't care. When an animal is concerned I WILL REPORT!!

In the past I have left notes and I have reported. Let the council or RSPCA decide.

I don't take chances when a little innocent life is at stake. If you are wrong then so be if you were wrong nothing gained nothing lost!

I'm so sick and tired of people getting dogs and then treating them like crap!

Not a dog person don't get a dam dog!

ETA and fencing is not an excuse! There is always a way to make the dog feel more comfortable!! As mentioned in pps
    Last edited by LoCo; 22-06-2014 at 16:29.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (22-06-2014),Chippa  (23-06-2014),ozeymumof5  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd keep an eye out and report it if the fence isn't fixed soon, or if the dog isn't released after the fence is fixed. It can sometimes take owners a while to fix things in rental properties and as a tenant there's not much else you can do.
    It's not safe to have the dog roaming the streets, and the Op may have missed them taking the dog out (some people walk their dogs early in the morning).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No harm in calling and if you can remember the real estate that advertised it as a rental call them too .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    The OP lives next door and has been keeping an eye on it. Granted she may not spend all day staring at it but I imagine she would not have posted without having a pretty good idea of how long it's been tied up.
    Just my opinion but I don't think any dog should spend the majority of it's time tied up. In my view if the fence isn't suitable it should have been fixed before they moved in or within a day or two at most. We have a responsibility to our pets- to treat them with kindness and respect. Tied up in isolation for weeks doesn't fulfil that. Legalities aside, it seems like a very wrong thing to do.
    Yes I can read bunty and was replying to the original poster...and I stand by my comment that you can't possibly say it's never been off....especially in that it's been 2 weeks only and the fence is not secure .... If it's a medium size pup even a temporary fence may not contain it... Just saying.

Don't get me wrong I'm a dog person.... My dogs get walked daily, are inside dogs etc... They probably get treated better than some people's offspring. I just would want to give these people the benefit of the doubt in that the fence is not secure...... My neighbours had problems with fences for ages and their dog was continually getting out...I used to secure him in my yard till they got home..... So I could understand if they had to tie him up so he didn't get hit by a car...this would be better than the dog being hit by a car ....if the dog is bring fed, has shelter and clean water .... ... Some people have no other option at first than to tie up the dog for its only safety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I can read bunty and was replying to the original poster...and I stand by my comment that you can't possibly say it's never been off....especially in that it's been 2 weeks only and the fence is not secure .... If it's a medium size pup even a temporary fence may not contain it... Just saying.

Don't get me wrong I'm a dog person.... My dogs get walked daily, are inside dogs etc... They probably get treated better than some people's offspring. I just would want to give these people the benefit of the doubt in that the fence is not secure...... My neighbours had problems with fences for ages and their dog was continually getting out...I used to secure him in my yard till they got home..... So I could understand if they had to tie him up so he didn't get hit by a car...this would be better than the dog being hit by a car ....if the dog is bring fed, has shelter and clean water .... ... Some people have no other option at first than to tie up the dog for its only safety.
    I don't think I said you couldn't read. I hold a different opinion, is all.