+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I think removing him is extremely drastic action for what has occurred. It would be a huge upheaval for all of you during a time of lots of other change in his life. I would speak to them and be quite firm that they are to let him wear his beanie and not make such a big deal about it. Speak to the room staff and the director about it. Have a look at the National Quality Framework for child care, the Early Years Learning framework, and your centre's policy statement and point out where they're flouting their own rules.
    FFS, how ridiculous. Just let him wear the beanie! It's not hurting anyone. They're just making life harder for everyone by going on about it
    This

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be having some very firm words or have your husband say something. To me taking a small child's beanie off him then laughing about it whilst he tried to get it back is disgusting! They are making a joke out of a 2 year old which isn't right. If they do that whilst you are there id be concerned about what they do when you aren't?
    My youngest is 2 and gets attached to things. We went through summer with her wanting to wear gumboots, I knew it was a stage so let her. Her latest is wanting to wear her older siblings clothes that are far to big for her, I just compromise and let her wear them when we get home. They are young and learning their way so if your son wants to wear his beanie then they should let him!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

twocan  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to ask...
    Has something happened at daycare?

You said he doesn't want to go anymore
    He is sometimes grumpy there

It may just be that they are teasing him a little there.. Nothing sinister...

But it's interesting to me that they spoke to you about why he wasn't himself at daycare..

I would seriously turn that around and ask them what's going on

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moltone For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an early childhood teacher and I am not happy your child was treated in this manner he is not hurting anybody, I would speak to the room leader, alot of these places are sausage factories not amazing, I cannot wait til his time is up, do alot of research before you find the next daycare please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for the replies

I spoke about it with DH and he said last week when he picked DS up (because i worked lateish) and he said they never mentioned anything abut it so he feels that me showing my annoyance to the younger girls, and snapping at the one laughing at DS has sorted them out. We'll see about that, but if i see any more behavior of this nature I will definitely have words with them. The whole thing just peeves me off, as like people said here - he's not hurting anyone. I used to think the world of daycare but this ordeal has tainted my view now.

I feel more confident now that I am not over reacting and if they do anything like this again ill go straight to management next time and put in a complaint. Just as long as it doesn't make them target DS even more.... whether they're targeting him as such now, i don't know... DH just thinks they are adoring DS *too* much and have over stepped the boundary.

The educator that took the beanie off DS and laughed about it is also one that tells him she loves him all the time and generally treats him like her own, so i think they're just getting a bit too comfortable... ill give them the faith that things will improve now since i have shown annoyance, but if they bring it up again they're going to know about it. Im not paying nearly $100 a day for this.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 23-06-2014 at 09:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've worked in child care and the only issue I could possibly see from the centre's point of view is having the beanie on at sleep time. It's in the SIDS safe sleep guidelines to have the face and head uncovered for sleeping. BUT! Your son is two and the guidelines apply to children up to two and it seems that it is an issue for them all day, plus it doesn't sound like they have mentioned this as a reason so I think their behaviour is totally inappropriate and there is nothing wrong with your sons attachment to his beanie! What if it was a dummy or a bottle? I'm sure they wouldn't care about that! How ridiculous OP hope you get it sorted out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So when i picked DS up from childcare yesterday arvo - i put his beanie on him and they said "Oh he never asks for his beanie now! and we miss it. It was so cute when he wanted it all the time." I just laughed and told them to make up their minds as it seemed to be an issue before! And then of course they denied it was an issue....I probably came across b*tchy, but i think they are seeing they took it too far and are trying to suck up to me again. Good, so they should! Now DS's love for his beanie is starting to come back again .... it's just so innocent and sweet and i don't want them taking that away from him again. I think they have got the message I am not happy with it anyways which is good. I think it's sorted.

If my little jabs didn't sink in then I was going to mention it to management, but looks like they have pulled their head's in.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (26-06-2014),CupidsVictim  (27-06-2014),VicPark  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I don't work I always spend time at daycare in the afternoon. Maybe 1/2 hr to an hour so I could build a relationship with the carers. I know this isn't possible for most parents but I have found it invaluable in really getting to know everyone and what is going on in the childcare but it again depends on how big the centre is.

The way they laughed at your son is wrong and I would let the director know your not happy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child care workers annoying me a bit

Last edited by ArthurDent; 27-06-2014 at 20:57.