Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to get a longer nap?

DD is 13 months and sleeps excellent overnight 11-12 hours straight 7-7 roughly.

Around 11 months she was going down later and later for her morning nap so we started transitioning to 1 nap a day. She was previously doing 2 x 1 hour naps.

since 12 months we gave been on 1 nap a day but she only ever does 1 hour. I feel like she needs more sleep in the day. Is it because she isn't walking yet? Do you think she will sleep longer once walking and is there anything I could do to encourage a longer day nap. I really don't think we can revert back to 2 day sleeps. She is nearly 14 months.

Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going from what my kids have done, it sounds normal to me (not sure how walking comes into it). Does she wake up happy? Can you resettle her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She does normally wake up happy but today she woke crying which she never does so I fed her and put her back down and she grizzled but went back to sleep.

A lot of my friends toddlers nap 2-3 hours so I just worry she isn't getting enough sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The reason I mentioned walking is I thought she might tire herself out more once she's walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she definitely needed more sleep today. I also had friends whose children would nap 3 hrs in the day and then slept all night - I was always extremely jealous What time is the nap? Could you move it later (say midday?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 12pm or 1230pm roughly. Usually I try trust that she knows how much sleep she needs but the i start doubting myself when I see the 3 hour nap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    An hour doesn't sound long enough to me either, not day after day, she'll soon get tired again. No advice sorry but Hopefully when she starts walking she'll sleep longer, a friends 15 month old baby just started walking and has doubled her sleep time to 3+ hours!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always envied those who mention the 2-3 hour nap. My dd is very much like yours. Sleeps great at night but only ever 1 hour max during the day. She's now 17 months walking/ running and still only the same nap. I battled with it for a while but now I give up. She's fine for the rest of the day and very happy when bed time comes around so if that's the case I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck op

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I think some babies just need less sleep than others. My DS1 wouldn't nap past an hour, ever. Even now at 6 he only has 10 hours sleep overnight max and is never tired.

My DS3 is one of those who has longer naps, I've never done anything specific to encourage it, he just needs more than my DS1 ever did.

If she is waking up happy I think she's fine, but if not its a good idea what you did today

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd isn't a great sleeper... But when she transitioned to one nap she was only sleeping an hour or 40 minutes. After a couple of weeks she started sleeping longer and if we're home sleeps 2-3 hours. Maybe just give it time. I do try to put her down after lunch and a bottle. So belly is full. Sometimes she wakes an hour in but I leave her and she will put herself back to sleep within 10 minutes most of the time and sleep for another hour.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (20-06-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast