+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mild OHSS and low HCG at 5dp3dt

Hi ladies,

Well, here is my story. I had IVF1 in 2010 and fell pregnant with my ds in fresh cycle. We had 8 follies 5 of which were good. Transferred 2 and froze 3. 4 years later did a frozen cycle in April but didn't work. IVF2 in June, collection was on 11/06 with 21 follies and ended with 10 good grades. On 14/06 transferred 2 embies.

Since the ET I felt very bloated with discomfort. At 6dp3dt I now look like a 6-7 months pregnant. I spoke with my FS yesterday and was advised to go to hospital to get assessed. So I did so and got admitted yesterday with a case of mild ohss (god help those with moderate to severe - can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be!)

My IVF Centre advised stag of the protocol required in such a case and they have to measure fluids in/out, weight and waist.

Last night registrar spoke with me and told me they detected HCG level of 15. Although very early he said anything over 5 start to be considered pregnancy.

My mind is telling not to be too excited. It's way too early only 5dp3dt. Could the pregnyl trigger show in blood test as the HCG level?

Would love to hear any feedback or stories of ladies that had to do a very early blood test and the outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! It could definitely still be in your system. My trigger was still in at 9DPO or 6DP 3DT. The hospital should know better than that to tell you that... knowing that you've had ivf! Naughty. Nevertheless you should request a BT tomorrow or next day to see if gone up Also.... they do so if your OHSS gets worse (or starts after ET, around implantation) it can be actually be due to the rising levels of HCG!! BEST OF LUCK and hope you get your BFP Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    They ordered another BT for me tomorrow. I took early today 0.5ml of pregnyl 1500 and im thinking that will probably show in tomorrow's BT.

Have never read stories of beta count related to pregnyl. Would be interesting to know if anybody had to do BT very early after their ET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't take what I said for gospel, lol. I look forward to hearing others' responses and also your end results. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloods done. Will have to wait and c.