+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies

im due march 3rd where is everyone from?
    Im from the central coast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemunro View Post
    Hey ladies

im due march 3rd where is everyone from?
    Im from the central coast.
    I'm from Melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had a positive test Monday, seeing doc Friday, and if I calculated correctly, I am due early April but I have epilepsy so I will have a c section 2-3 weeks early. I can't wait for an Ultrasound so I can get dates and see the little miracle/s growing inside me! :-)

Sent from my C1504 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I am New to this... Can I pls get a quick run down on the lingo? Thanks :-)

Sent from my C1504 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

First of all a big congratulations on your pregnancy, such exciting news for you and your family and I hope it is okay that I am posting in this thread.

I am a third year student midwife at the University of Queensland (RBWH) in Brisbane. As part of my degree I am privileged to conduct 'Follow Through Journeys' of which I am required to complete 20 before becoming registered. What this means is following a woman on her journey through pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. As students, it's great to learn from textbooks, but nothing makes you more ready for the real world than having practical skills!

The program involves the provision of extra support through my attendance at antenatal appointments (at least 5), your birth (only if comfortable) as well as postnatal visits. This is a completely confidential and voluntary program, which you are able to withdraw form at any time, no questions asked.

This program not only teaches me as a student about the importance of building a strong rapport with women but also allows for a familiar face throughout the pregnancy journey for you and your partner. I would be available to answer questions and would also have a strong knowledge of your preferences, birth plan, fears and wishes.

If you are having a baby in brisbane and had any questions regarding this program or are interesting in helping a very passionate student midwife through your participation please contact me at larissa_midwifery@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for your time and happy growing,

Larissa