+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Obviously the situation is getting on the ops nerves hence she is posting about it, you guys may be ok with constantly forking out for someone but she obviously isn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's safe to say that everyone has a totally different view on this issue. OP what do YOU feel like you want to do/should do to resolve how you feel about the situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Obviously the situation is getting on the ops nerves hence she is posting about it, you guys may be ok with constantly forking out for someone but she obviously isn't.
    Pretty much everyone has said to stop doing it since she feels resentful. Easy fixed. If she is feeling she is being taken advantage of and her friend doesn't show enough gratitude, all she has to do is stop paying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I can certainly see where you are coming from OP. I think it can be tough maintaining friendships where there is an obvious gap in income/financial situation, for both sides I think. When I was dirt poor at Uni I used to find my pride made some friendships difficult for me to maintain, and on the flip side I've been the one constantly paying for things and have felt used at times too although that may be more because I felt like the other person didn't mind being a seagul and wasn't making an effort better their situation.

Anyway, Hopefully she was more grateful than she communicated to you even though she didn't voice it, and hopefully her thoughtlessness was just an oversight, as it's very nice of you to have extended your generosity to her in many ways. Make the gatherings less frequent in future and maybe drop in a 'let's go thirds in dinner out somewhere' type hints

Eta: just reading through thread, and can't believe some people don't do cards :O cards are very important! Who doesn't love receiving a card?? I keep all mine and have a big pile of them, they are so thoughtful and lovely!
    Last edited by Ellewood; 21-06-2014 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    I think it's safe to say that everyone has a totally different view on this issue. OP what do YOU feel like you want to do/should do to resolve how you feel about the situation?
    Well I wrote the post with worry that my friend was taking advantage of me and didn't value our friendship.

I was made out to be a b!tch in some posts. I won't be paying for anything anymore and ill just observe where our friendship goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We are just offering different perspectives. Sometimes when things are too close to home we tend to not see that. No one has made you out to be a b*tch, in fact most of us have said you sound like a good friend.

People have simply pointed out that if you don't feel happy paying for things then don't, or that she may not even realise this is an issue.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-06-2014),atomicmama  (22-06-2014),kw123  (21-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (21-06-2014),Purple Lily  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think your an awesome friend trying to help so much my suggestion is simplu to just stop paying or helping her if you feel she is being ungrateful if she stops seeing you or talking to you then she's not worth the effort you've been putting in and there are better friends out there to be made

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

peppertrees2014  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My family and most people I know...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had a 'best' friend like that. I paid for everything from lunches/dinners to concerts and clothes shopping and overseas trips (with me). I really wanted her to enjoy her life as she didn't spend a lot on herself and wasn't earning a huge amount.

Anyway long story short I was going through a tough time recently with a husband in hospital and other really horrid life events and didn't get so much as a phone call or text to say hang in there or thinking of you. That's when I started reflecting on our friendship and realised it was all take take take and very one sided.

She didn't ask for stuff I willingly offered because I wanted her to enjoy nice things, but it would have been nice to have some emotional support when I needed it most (after I supported her emotionally through years of relationship and job issues).

Anyway moral of the story is yes there are definitely takers out there and it's not unreasonable to ask for some reciprocal respect and it's best IMO to cull those type of people from your life unless you can learn to live with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear that your friend couldn't be there for you in such a simple way when you needed her most

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (22-06-2014)