+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Really? Lunches and coffees out are way out of my budget. I just don't go out since I can't afford it, but if someone offered to shout me lunch I'd be rapt (and very appreciative). Point being though lunches and coffee aren't affordable for a lot of people (especially living week to week).

Op I'd just try to do free or very cheap things with your friend if you don't want to pay and she can't afford to go out. It might make her feel more comfortable anyway, it can be embarrassing admitting you can't afford things your friends want to do.
    I just find it hard to believe that someone can't afford a 5 dollar coffee every now and then.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJones View Post
    I don't do cards.
    And I won't.

Not because I am selfish but because it's not me I can't write them it feels forced and unnatural.

It's all about love languages and mine is time.

I am better at discovering what my friends love language is and being happy with that.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.
    Sorry to derail, but this post reminded me of my 14 year old DS who recently wrote in card for someone "insert generic comment here" which I loved and thought was very funny and clever of him

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (21-06-2014),VicPark  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I think when you give too much and the other person doesn't, resentment can breed.

I really don't understand why people can't afford a coffee or a cheap lunch out with someone, to me that is taking the ****. I would never expect someone to pay for me for anything and if I did I would treat them next time.
    Then you obviously have enough money. Many people don't. How naive of you!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (22-06-2014),HippyGirl85  (22-06-2014),Purple Lily  (21-06-2014),VicPark  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Then you obviously have enough money. Many people don't. How naive of you!
    And your rude. You don't know anything about my background or financial situation. Get over yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    $5 would buy me half a kilo of mince. Another $5 would get me spaghetti, some pasta sauce and some veggies. $10 for a meal for 5 people or 2 coffees.......

The other problem is that it might just be a coffee every now and then with you, but they've been out for coffee 3 times already this week with other friends.....
    Ok but I don't think the op was taking her friend out for coffee three times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    No she wasn't but you missed my point about that it might be a coffee with YOU every now and then, but the friend could have already been out for lunch/coffee with other friends during the week and not be able to afford yet another "cheap lunch" out that week.

Anyway this is completely off-topic.
    Yes that's true. I see what you are saying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And your rude. You don't know anything about my background or financial situation. Get over yourself.
    No, not rude. Just don't like people thinking everyone is in the same situation as them.
    You're insensitive... thinking it's 'taking the ****' that some people can't afford that.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-06-2014),HippyGirl85  (22-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (21-06-2014),Mokeybear  (21-06-2014),peanutmonkey  (21-06-2014),Purple Lily  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not rude. Just don't like people thinking everyone is in the same situation as them.
    You're insensitive... thinking it's 'taking the ****' that some people can't afford that.
    Then if you can't afford it, don't allow someone else to do it for you like the friend of the op. That's my point. It's taking the ****. That's my opinion. That's what we've been asked to do. Again you don't know my situation so don't comment. You have no idea what I've been through in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then if you can't afford it, don't allow someone else to do it for you like the friend of the op. That's my point. It's taking the ****. That's my opinion. That's what we've been asked to do. Again you don't know my situation so don't comment. You have no idea what I've been through in my life.
    I suppose we could all just mingle with people of the same income bracket, you know, because who would want to br friends with people 'beneath' them

And, you're right, I don't know your situation... Just like you don't know the situation of those that can't afford a coffee, but it's okay for you to make a generalised judgement.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (21-06-2014),peanutmonkey  (21-06-2014),Purple Lily  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Just like you don't know the situation of those that can't afford a coffee, but it's okay for you to make a generalised judgement.
    Good point. We really don't know the financial situation of the OP's friend, nor anyone that says they can't afford coffees and lunches out. $10 to someone may be their milk and bread for the week.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (21-06-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast