+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is the hardest thing with having kids and being a parent everyone suddenly becomes an expert and wants to tell you how to do things .....I have seven children all yes seven and I greatfully have never had troubles in them sleeping right though the night with any of them the we're all doing this after a few weeks ....my children all slept in the same room as us in a cot until well after 1 year of age .
    My youngest son will be 4 at the end of the year and he was in a cot at 2 1/2
    And at the beginning of this year I started to toilet train him he has the day time down pat but I won't start nights until.summer now ....
    You have to start these things when you can see that you child is ready and understands if they don't then their is NO point . .Every child is different....relax and enjoy Motherhood don't worry about what everyone thinks ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by RuffledPansy; 20-06-2014 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids were all in a cot until at least 2 1/2 - DD1 was out the earliest only because she had to make room for DD2. DD2 & 3 were in a cot until about 2 years 7 or 8 months.

As for toilet training, all kids are different. DD2 got it at 2 years 6 weeks - she just sort of trained herslef and refused to wear a nappy. DD3 on the other hand was nowhere ready to TT at 2 and was closer to 3, she wasn't trained until 4 years. I think summer is a better time of year to toilet train - when they can run round in just a pair of undies - trying to to it in winter is so much harder.

Relax and try not to worry about what others are doing. Keep the potty in the bathroom, try him every now and then, maybe before he has a bath, but don't stress about it, you'll know when he is ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    25 months here . No tt, still has dummy and bottles , still in a cot too. No intention to stop any yet. He sleeps through has massive day naps and I like it that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each in their own time as previous posters have said.
    [WALKING for example - our boy has just started walking at NINETEEN months!! And his cousins, similar age, started at TWELVE months!!]

BUT if you do want to jump aboard the potty training train, I've been reading an e-book "Oh Cr*p! Potty Training." by Jamie Glowacki.

I read her blog from front to back before buying the e-book and I bought the e-book because, well it's only $15, and because what I've read in her blog made sense. Even if you don't buy the book, her blog has a lot of potty training tips. And she says the ideal window to potty train is between 20-30 months.

Google her name
    or here's a link (admin please delete if not allowed)
    http://www.jamieglowacki.com/blog/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone that makes me feel much more confident in what im doing.. if ds tries to climb out of the cot I would then convert it but its very deep and he hasnt tried that I have seen yet.

Thats interesting about there being no accidents when potty training.. I like that idea. I hope one day it just clicks for ds.. he doesnt even know to hold on yet.. he tells me if he just did a wee in the bath but that's as far as it goes..
    Im happy to leave him be just hate the outside pressure.
    Oh and he still has a dummy like someone else said but NO WAY would I admit that to anyone else.. imagine.
    Thank you again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 2yrs9mths and is still in his cot, I have no intention changing him yet as he is not climbing out and still has heaps of room. I tried TT a few times and it just seemed to stress him out. He'd be in undies for a day and the next day he would scream when I went to put them on so back to nappies and waiting a little while longer. He tells me after he's done both but not before. I'll probably wait now until around his birthday in September when it's getting warmer. As PP have said you know your child best.