+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are all the OCD mums going?? Lol
    Vacuumed today for the 4th day in a row, changed all bed sheets, did a big shop, cleaned out the fridge and did some washing. Dd got to do some painting too which she enjoyed And then we washed up in the shower which was easy.
    Had some family over for coffee tonight and I was so excited to tell them about my 3 tiered step thingy I found in Kmart. It's for the pantry so you can see all your tinned stuff and they arnt all leveled, hard to explain but I just love it. My cousin said if her husband saw my pantry he'd be in awe as he's a neat freak and loves organisation. Just like me... Very proud of my pantry atm

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I don't really fit into either but since I have mild OCD I guess this one is the best fit. I'm ok with mess but I can't relax until it's clean. There are times when I am so fixated on something that I literally can't leave the couch until I have sorted it out in my head and in the mean time my 2 little boys will go on a rampage and destroy the place in front of my eyes.

I get anxious at the thought of anyone looking in any of my cupboards (even for a glass or mug) unless they're absolutely perfect.

I panic if anyone comes to my door and the house isn't spotless.

With the kids, I'll let them play and get dirty but at the end of the day the whole house needs to be tidy.

I clean toys in the dishwasher, washing machine or with antibacterial wipes every fortnight.

I have 16 identical boxes that toys are categorised into and I check that they're all in the appropriate place every fortnight when they get cleaned.

I have spare boxes still in their packaging in the shed incase I can't get the ones in the shelving unit clean (they're the fabric ikea ones).

I regularly change and sort their wardrobes.

I vacuum and spot clean the floors every day. I do a thorough mop every week and a hands and knees scrub of the tiles and grout every 4-6 months (we have 400 tiles).

Washing is done daily including folding and putting away.

I cannot stand dishes not being done and clutter on the benches.

I do a thorough clear out and organise every cupboard in the house every 6 months.
    I love that you know how many tiles you have without realising that that is another dot point

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So yesterday my neighbour told me that I had a problem (jokingly... I think?) when she heard me vacuuming the outside concrete pebbled patio because DD & DS keep spilling sand out of the sandpit and I hated looking at the mess haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    So yesterday my neighbour told me that I had a problem (jokingly... I think?) when she heard me vacuuming the outside concrete pebbled patio because DD & DS keep spilling sand out of the sandpit and I hated looking at the mess haha.
    Yup, guilty of vacuuming sand off the patio too. In my defence, if I didn't it would all get stuck in the sliding glass door tracks. I'd start vacuuming the tracks and then just keep going and before I'd know it I'd nearly be out at the grass!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

ElleB  (28-06-2014),JAG242  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah friends! I was thinking about you all 15 minutes ago as I hung a small load of washing on the airer at 11pm.

As everything in my house is in it's place, the kitchen is done and the toys are set up for tomorrow's play, I bid you goodnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok I have very very lazy days and some things I am very lazy about but my kitchen has to be spotless and in order to the point that all stove and oven dials must be in the exact off position (not even a smidge off) and my washing goes through a rinse cycle with in wash dettol then a normal wash with washing powder, napisan and lux flakes and during the final spin I put softener in. All toilet lids must be closed and my couches need to have the throw rugs and cushions on them or it drives me mad. I have been clinically diagnosed with OCD so there other things that HAVE to be done but that is all for the housework side of things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by baby4us; 06-11-2014 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are all the OCD unlazy mums going? My house is clean and tidy, I have made a batch of sausage rolls, made my husbands lunch for tomorrow, had a shower and done fresh hair and makeup. I couldn't do any washing to day because there is not a full load of dirty washing to do. Now I am waiting for my toddler to wake up for the afternoon school run.

How is everyone else going?