+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    lol are you trying to get Bellefire to shave the heads of her whole family?

…Actually I think I might do that myself once mine are older, I'm still traumatised from my own lice experience in primary school!
    LOL. No, just poring out that it's a waste of type disinfecting the lounge.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),snowqu33n  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The only OCD thing I ever did was that ds had a set of clean pjs every single night up to the age of 5 . I was really anal about it. Not sure really why

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in between both. I let my kids watch TV and play computer. But during those times I get cleaning done. If I'm not working I do loads of washing every day. Fill the line and dryer up. I sweep and mop nearly every day. Dishes get done several times a day if needed or I washing during cooking. We have take out like once a fortnight. I meal plan and cook from that. Food shopping once a week to my meal plan. Don't freeze food to reuse though. Gets thrown out if not eaten. My main laziness if the car. Been putting that off. Kids clean their own rooms so I can vacuum. Not lazy. Need to teach them these things. Same with putting their own clothes away once folded. I'm not their maid. I'm here to teach them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have one toy box in the living room but they never play with them do they just sit in the box. The rest of the toys are in their rooms. We don't have throw rugs and I can only find 1 cushion. We have 2 but the other one has been missing for a few weeks ;laughing:

Out fruit bowl is on the dining table, along with some paperwork.

I grew up in a house that my mother kept immaculately. I don't want my kids to think that a house is more important to me than they are. I'm not saying you do, but that is how I felt growing up with a mother who was always cleaning and everything had a spot. I want my kids to feel comfortable at home. If they bring toys out, they have to take them back when they go upstairs for bath and bed or they know I will confiscate. They put their dishes in the sink when they're finished. If they spill something, no big deal, they wipe it up.
    I think its great to teach kids to put their toys away after they use them, I do that too. We do messy activities like painting, play do and glueing, but only one at a time! and i clean up after the activity. I try to have a good balance between teaching kids its ok to do really messy fun stuff, but its important to clean up afterwards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I think its great to teach kids to put their toys away after they use them, I do that too. We do messy activities like painting, play do and glueing, but only one at a time! and i clean up after the activity. I try to have a good balance between teaching kids its ok to do really messy fun stuff, but its important to clean up afterwards.
    When both kids weren't at school we would do activities everyday which I would clean up or get them to help. I too like to teach them that once you have finished playing to pack it away. too bad with lego they are like "I'm not finished. I will do some more tomorrow" Lol ggrr

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Do any of you OCD girls have an idea of how/where to store things I need to return to other people (eg. Tupperware container or plate brought over for BBQ etc)? I don't want to put them in the cupboard as I'll forget but they sit on the hall table gloating that they are taking me yet one step further from having 'a place for everything etc'

I just seem to ALWAYS have something that needs to go back to someone!!
    I have an old bedride cupboard in my entryway with a expitit basket from ikea under it. I put everything to return in there. I then keep a list of whose is whose on my fridge notepad and date borrowed and date returned.

This system works.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),Sookie Stackedhouse  (04-07-2014),Stretched  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think all of this depends on what people consider messy. My house is not messy (to me) however, some people might think it's messy according to their standard. A house does not have to be a show home to be tidy IMO.
    I've probably seen/appraised/sold thousands of homes and yep people definitely have different ideas on what's Messy!
    I've seen some that made me want to literally be sick because of the smell/grime and I've seen many with plastic covers on the furniture/floors and one lady literally followed us around moping after us as we walked on her floor tiles!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I've probably seen/appraised/sold thousands of homes and yep people definitely have different ideas on what's Messy!
    I've seen some that made me want to literally be sick because of the smell/grime and I've seen many with plastic covers on the furniture/floors and one lady literally followed us around moping after us as we walked on her floor tiles!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    LOL! But I think there's a difference between a house being untidy and a house being dirty. If you're trying to sell, then yep, should look like a show home.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL! But I think there's a difference between a house being untidy and a house being dirty. If you're trying to sell, then yep, should look like a show home.
    Yes I often live in 'clean mess', I always have projects on the go, paperwork and toys. I've finally got DD (6) packing all her toys back into her room each night - looks like I've only got another 5 years of picking up after DS left then.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)