+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I try to avoid this as much as I can by sending people home with their plates. I prefer to give them a quick wash and give them straight back to the owner. I know it's not always possible but it's a good habit to get into.
    I try so hard to avoid it, I think that's why it gives me the irrits so much when it happens. It's not just dishes, also green bags, kids socks and hair clips, a magazine I borrowed etc. Just makes for a messy little pile!

I like the car idea. I have a wagon so will have to put a box in there just for returns.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellefire View Post
    Im a head-lice checking freak. Even if I see a kid scratching their head 2 meters away from dd, I come home and have to treat her hair. Even if I happen to find 1 lone lice, I wash every sheet/pillow case in the house and even spray the lounge chairs and dining chairs, beds (and even the car) with my home made solution.
    Dd has had 2 lice outbreaks and 3 lone lice (so 5 different occasions all up) in her entire life. Some of her close friends have them constantly and I worry we will all get them!
    You know that head lice can't survive without hair?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),Lincolns mummy  (21-06-2014),snowqu33n  (21-06-2014),Stretched  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I then proceeded to ask him if he knew if she counted things.
    He was confused.
    I'm trying to work out if my counting things all the time has some kind of connection to my slight OCD?
    Eg. I'll count the washing as I put it in the washing machine.
    Count pavement lines when walking on sidewalk
    Count the tiles in the shower
    Now that I've written that down I've just realised it doesn't sound very normal😧😧😧[/QUOTE]

This is me! I can't watch a movie on a DVD player as I count the numbers on the player.
    I count the lines on the road when I'm not driving and the posts on the side of the road at night.
    I have ocd but it's a side effect of my bipolar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    While I'm not OCD, I definitely love things a certain way and a messy house stresses me out.

- my house is vacuumed numerous times in the week. I have dark carpet that shows every dot.
    - mopping is done several times a week (my tiles are light colour and look gross if I don't)
    - DS rarely has tin food. I cook up meals for him and freeze them for days I'm running late.
    - DS has a bath every single night.
    - I like sitting in a clean house. All toys in the toy corner.
    - DS has his bedding washed every week, ours ever 2 weeks.
    - towels are washed at least once a week, more if I have time.
    - clutter stresses me out. DH doesn't feel the same way.
    - bathrooms are cleaned every week

In saying all that, of DS is sick or I've had a big week I'm ok to let it go, for a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I am not, germs don't really bother me, I just love having a really clean and tidy house. I love giving the house a quick once over after dinner and then sitting down to watch tv with my husband in a tidy house. So relaxing. I hate mess and clutter.
    This is me to a tee! It's not germs that bother me it's just mess and clutter. Hate it.
    I vacuum once maybe twice a day, but only the heavy traffic areas. I have a thing about surfaces they must be clean. Try to de clutter as much as I can although it's fighting an uphill battle!
    I can't sit down and relax in the evening or leave for work in the morning with a messy house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think all of this depends on what people consider messy. My house is not messy (to me) however, some people might think it's messy according to their standard. A house does not have to be a show home to be tidy IMO.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You know that head lice can't survive without hair?
    lol are you trying to get Bellefire to shave the heads of her whole family?

…Actually I think I might do that myself once mine are older, I'm still traumatised from my own lice experience in primary school!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think all of this depends on what people consider messy. My house is not messy (to me) however, some people might think it's messy according to their standard. A house does not have to be a show home to be tidy IMO.
    You make a good point. Everyone has a different standard of tidiness.

I definitely aim for the show home look. Cushions in the correct spot, throw rug neatly folded on the couch, all kitchen benches cleared except for fruit bowl. I love that look.

I like to keep all kids toys in their rooms. I don't like having kids toys throughout the house.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You make a good point. Everyone has a different standard of tidiness.

I definitely aim for the show home look. Cushions in the correct spot, throw rug neatly folded on the couch, all kitchen benches cleared except for fruit bowl. I love that look.

I like to keep all kids toys in their rooms. I don't like having kids toys throughout the house.
    I have one toy box in the living room but they never play with them do they just sit in the box. The rest of the toys are in their rooms. We don't have throw rugs and I can only find 1 cushion. We have 2 but the other one has been missing for a few weeks ;laughing:

Out fruit bowl is on the dining table, along with some paperwork.

I grew up in a house that my mother kept immaculately. I don't want my kids to think that a house is more important to me than they are. I'm not saying you do, but that is how I felt growing up with a mother who was always cleaning and everything had a spot. I want my kids to feel comfortable at home. If they bring toys out, they have to take them back when they go upstairs for bath and bed or they know I will confiscate. They put their dishes in the sink when they're finished. If they spill something, no big deal, they wipe it up.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 21-06-2014 at 12:26.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast