+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im an obsessive cleaner I cant stand clitter therefore tidy several times a day! My house is never messy or dirty having said that my psychologist wants me to let go a bit and relax. I dont have ocd though. I also hate dust so find the need to make sure everything is nice and clean as well. Although im not very good at keeping up with the vacuuming as my vacuum sucks (not literally it's just crap lol)

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do any of you OCD girls have an idea of how/where to store things I need to return to other people (eg. Tupperware container or plate brought over for BBQ etc)? I don't want to put them in the cupboard as I'll forget but they sit on the hall table gloating that they are taking me yet one step further from having 'a place for everything etc'

I just seem to ALWAYS have something that needs to go back to someone!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Glad to also see we have a mix up of mummies!

Anyone a germaphobe?
    We went away when my dd was about 7 months and one family member got gastro. Within 6 hours my dad got it. Within 8 hours we packed up and left. Got home at midnight and disinfected absolutely everything!! Even things we didn't take out of the bags! 😲
    My dh asked why and my answer was 'I can see the germs literally crawling everywhere'
    He hasn't let me live that down yet lol
    Thank god none of us got it... I put it down to my disinfecting work 😉
    I'm not usually a germaphobe but about a week ago we had some kids visit that were all sick and when they left I also disinfected absolutely everything! Then showered my little one! Some times it's worth the effort if it could maybe avoid a house full of sick people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Do any of you OCD girls have an idea of how/where to store things I need to return to other people (eg. Tupperware container or plate brought over for BBQ etc)? I don't want to put them in the cupboard as I'll forget but they sit on the hall table gloating that they are taking me yet one step further from having 'a place for everything etc'

In the boot of the car?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),Stretched  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    In the boot of the car?
    Yes very good reply. The boot is definatly where I put mine.. That way when you see them you have it with you. Unless they come to your house... Then maybe in a plastic bag in the laundry? Spare room?

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews

I have a basket in our entryway that sits on a shelf. I put all my 'give backs' in there. That way when I leave the house I grab what I need to take back or if someone visits I can give them their stuff as they leave.

TTC 10 years & finally got our miracle bub............finally!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh WOW! Now I realise I am definitely more suited to the lazy mum thread.. thanks for the eye opener!! lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-06-2014),Dansci0  (22-06-2014),snowqu33n  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I try to avoid this as much as I can by sending people home with their plates. I prefer to give them a quick wash and give them straight back to the owner. I know it's not always possible but it's a good habit to get into.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Glad to also see we have a mix up of mummies!

Anyone a germaphobe?
    We went away when my dd was about 7 months and one family member got gastro. Within 6 hours my dad got it. Within 8 hours we packed up and left. Got home at midnight and disinfected absolutely everything!! Even things we didn't take out of the bags! 😲
    My dh asked why and my answer was 'I can see the germs literally crawling everywhere'
    He hasn't let me live that down yet lol
    Thank god none of us got it... I put it down to my disinfecting work 😉
    No I am not, germs don't really bother me, I just love having a really clean and tidy house. I love giving the house a quick once over after dinner and then sitting down to watch tv with my husband in a tidy house. So relaxing. I hate mess and clutter.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have some traits, but tend to swing between OCD and lazy. I'll do a full declutter and clean, keep things going for a while, then get lazy. I'm working full time now but the clutter is driving me insane. My DF isn't allowed to do washing period. And I don't like how he stacked the dishwasher or cleans anything. But for a matter of balance and limited time, I have to bite the bullet and have his help. Also, my pantry and kitchen cupboards generally are at his mercy.

OCD wise, I am the 'if you do something, do it properly'. So that means dusting and wiping every little crevice and corner. Books being sorted by type and size. The dishwasher cutlery container has to be sorted like a cutlery drawer as well.

To me, these things aren't OCD, just being organised. There is a point where it's over the top. Like doing a full clean dust, vacuum, mop, toilet, shower, bath, change sheets and towels etc. a general clean and tidy once or twice a day of sweep floors, wipe benches, wash dishes and put things in their home is good organisation and helps life run smoothly. Sometimes though, I just live in organised chaos. But I will and do get to the point where it is just chaos. Then it's getting the motivation to get back on top of it all.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrie77 For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast