+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am like this when I don't work, but seeing as I work full time I've had to drop my standards. *sigh*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This thread takes me back to my childhood. My mother was seriously OCD in how she ran the house. I feel bad now but we used to deliberately hide dirty washing or leave one spoon behind the couch just to mess with her.

Oh dear. I have a little of her OCD but have let it go with 4 kids and work. It's like pushing back the tide some days.
    My mum was the same. Cleaning all the time.

Not long ago she told me she regrets spending so much time cleaning. She sees how much I get out with the kids and said she wishes she did that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My other thing is cooking. I cook every night and if I don't ( once every month maybe) then we get thai.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't call it OCD but more of a cleaning/chores routine. The same things happen each day.
    I wash everyday and put it on as soon as I get up. there is always something that needs washing. Towel day is Friday. Bed sheets are every 2weeks/ depending if dd wets the bed.
    If everything is dry, it's folded and put away each afternoon. Otherwise I leave it out (lazy?).
    I then make the beds and tidy bedrooms.
    Dishes are done after every meal, no dishwasher besides myself. Table and bench wiped after every meal.
    floors swept and mopped nightly before I go to bed.
    bathroom cleaned once a week, toilet every night.
    Vaccume daily.
    we don't do take away (can't afford to) and cook everything. Kids do eat baked beans and spag on occasion.

Kids ds play area re-organised monthly.
    I hate clutter and 'stuff' piles. So everything has a place. If it doesn't, it's thrown away.

Garage is is cleaned out each set of school holidays.

Nope, can't deal with laziness it would drive me insane. I can't relax in mess and chaos.
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 20-06-2014 at 13:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so glad this thread was started. I love having a very clean and tidy house at all times. I do a bit of cleaning and tidying every morning and once in the evening and it tends to stay that way.
    Everything in our house has a place and if it doesn't, then it goes in the bin. I can't stand clutter.
    I vacuum every day and we have a cleaner once a week.
    I keep on top of the washing by doing some each day, it goes straight from the line to be folded and put away. I actually look for more washing to do to try and do full loads.
    I cook every night, if we have takeaway it's usually japanese.
    I make my husbands lunch every day so he eats healthily and it saves money.
    I get out every day for a walk and for kids activities.

Im so glad I have found some kindred spirits on this thread.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),MummaOJ  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My mum was the same. Cleaning all the time.

Not long ago she told me she regrets spending so much time cleaning. She sees how much I get out with the kids and said she wishes she did that.
    This is a great point to remember, I usually clean and organise during nap times and after the kids go to bed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love having an organised wardrobe. When we moved in to our house we put in built in robes in all bedrooms with a chest of drawers inside them. All of our wardrobes have matching wooden coat hangers. (The kids ones are so cute).

Our wardrobes are sorted into categories, e.g. all pants hanging together, all facing the same way etc. I have built in shoe racks and all shoes are lined up and categorised. It takes the exact same amount of time to put everything in its right place and then it makes dressing in the morning so much easier.

I love having a clean car. I vacuum it every few weeks (with the dyson cordless) and make sure everything is taken out after each trip, e.g. no toys or food packages left in there.

I try to clean out a cupboard every few days. One day I might do the pantry, the next ill do under the sink. When the de cluttering challenge came up on hub hub, I didn't have anything to do, it was all done!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little bit here, little bit there...

Saturday is my big clean day.
    Up at 6:30, breakfast then start doing laundry. In between I vacuum, clean kitchen/bathroom/toilet & end with mopping. I haven't been able to do this for a few weeks as some events etc have got in the way so am feeling pretty anxious about it right now. I work full time so can't do as much mid-week. I might need to take a few days of leave to sort it out.

I don't like mismatched outfits & dress DD & myself accordingly (DH I can't lol). DD is fairly independant so I sneakily try to only offer a selection of clothes that won't clash.

When putting away crockery it has a specific spot. MIL unpacked the dishwasher last weekend when they visited & didn't put some things in the right spot. DH does it wrong too..

I count things a bit, steps etc, usually without realising I've started. & have a few non-negotiable routines/habits.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    This is a great point to remember, I usually clean and organise during nap times and after the kids go to bed.
    I've got 3 kids. Only one naps so I do have to do some chores while dd2 sleeps. But it's stuff like washing which my son loves helping me with. But that's also why I take my kids out every day, so that when I come home I can clean and do things without feeling bad for my kids.

My husband and I have a rule that when the kids are asleep we sit and refresh and chat etc. We make sure the kitchen is clean but we don't do housework after 7. And that's probably why I also belong in the other thread as well

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to also see we have a mix up of mummies!

Anyone a germaphobe?
    We went away when my dd was about 7 months and one family member got gastro. Within 6 hours my dad got it. Within 8 hours we packed up and left. Got home at midnight and disinfected absolutely everything!! Even things we didn't take out of the bags! 😲
    My dh asked why and my answer was 'I can see the germs literally crawling everywhere'
    He hasn't let me live that down yet lol
    Thank god none of us got it... I put it down to my disinfecting work 😉

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast