+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, I won't let dd play with my peg container. All the pegs go in facing the same way so that when I hang the washing, I can grab a handful and they are all facing the same way to peg the clothes straight away. If she tips them out, its a disaster in my little head

I'm very pedantic about washing in particular. I don't mix wash (I do a load of dd clothes seperately when her hamper is full, nothing has ever been washed with ours) and there is a very specific order things get hung on the line. When its dry, its then already 'grouped' to make it quicker to put away

Everything has its place here and although I'm not too bad with dd's play room, when it does get tidied, it has an order, books included.

Everyone says the biggest thing after having a baby is to accept help from family/friends but that would have just caused too much stress for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),ourbradybunch  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    My growing up was opposite....I grew up in mess and clutter my parents were terrible. I was to embarrassed to even have friends over.
    Don't worry I was embarrassed too. My friends felt they could never make a mess or be comfortable. They used to joke about it but it embarrassed me.

I strive for somewhere in the middle.

Don't get me wrong I still have my OCD traits (lifetime of learning from an expert).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has no more children at home and it's just the 2 of them. She still mops everyday. And sometimes twice!!! I know where I got my OCD from.

Was having a convo with a friend at a party not long ago and he was e plain if how his wife is very similar to me in certain cleaning things we do etc.
    I then proceeded to ask him if he knew if she counted things.
    He was confused.
    I'm trying to work out if my counting things all the time has some kind of connection to my slight OCD?
    Eg. I'll count the washing as I put it in the washing machine.
    Count pavement lines when walking on sidewalk
    Count the tiles in the shower
    Now that I've written that down I've just realised it doesn't sound very normal😧😧😧

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an OCD mum too!

Kitchen gets wiped twice a day, after breakfast before we head out and after dinner.

Couch/cushions/ottoman gets straighten every night before bed and in the morning if dd has been sitting there. I cannot stand waking up or coming home to a messy living room or kitchen.

I do one load of washing and hang in on the clothes dryer every night. Every night I iron the previous days washing.
    Saturday I wash dd day care clothes and Sunday they are in her drawer laid out for the next 5 days.

I vacuum tiled area every evening. Bedrooms once a week. Mop the floors twice a week.

Dd is clean and matches all the time, she has outfits and I do not mix and match, even DH knows this!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (20-06-2014),Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    My mum has no more children at home and it's just the 2 of them. She still mops everyday. And sometimes twice!!! I know where I got my OCD from.

Was having a convo with a friend at a party not long ago and he was e plain if how his wife is very similar to me in certain cleaning things we do etc.
    I then proceeded to ask him if he knew if she counted things.
    He was confused.
    I'm trying to work out if my counting things all the time has some kind of connection to my slight OCD?
    Eg. I'll count the washing as I put it in the washing machine.
    Count pavement lines when walking on sidewalk
    Count the tiles in the shower
    Now that I've written that down I've just realised it doesn't sound very normal😧😧😧
    I think thats a proper ocd trait. Im medically diagnosed ocd and it sucks. Ill be here all day but ill try list my household ocd things.

*No shoes in house.
    *Everything in every cupboard/wardrobe perfectly lined up. All clothes hangers match right thru the house. Perfectly spaced. Our wardrobes look like a shop display.
    *Theres a system for everything ie morning routine, routine for leaving the house (tidy) an after dinner routine and a going to bed routine. Its all about keeping the house imaculate.
    *When we leave the house I make dh and kids get in car while I spend 10mins running round tidying up. I hate going out for the day knowing the house is untidy.
    *I'm a germaphobe so omg I literally sterilise the entire house when someone is sick.
    *You could ask me where anything is in my house and I could tell you its exact location
    *I dont mop as I dont think it does a good job. I get on my hands and knees and hand wipe the floors.
    *I vacuum then get on my hands and knees picking up what the vacuum misses.
    *I wipe down my kitchen cupboards every day.

Ive been like this for so long its just part of my daily routine and doesnt take too long but I know its excessive. Especially when the first thing people say when they come into my house is omg its so clean and organized.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH used to complian that my morning and evening cleaning frenzy was annoying, until I made a point of never putting his shed tools back in the right spot after I had used them (he has the tool outlines drawn on the wall in the spot that they are supposed to go). Two can play at that game lol

I remember the early days with DH when we were dating.... He had an immaculate kitchen and an extensive spice rack all in alphabetical order......

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Subbing for some tips

I'm a hopeless housewife! Totally useless.

I'll clean and the house will look great and then DS empties his entire toy box / messes crumbs on the couch and floor / spills his drink etc and then I just don't have the energy to go and clean it all again.

It's a never ending battle.
    I bet you aren't hopeless or useless... Long as your kids are fed and clothed and aren't using the carving knives as jousting sticks... Then you are doing alright!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Que Sera View Post
    DH used to complian that my morning and evening cleaning frenzy was annoying, until I made a point of never putting his shed tools back in the right spot after I had used them (he has the tool outlines drawn on the wall in the spot that they are supposed to go). Two can play at that game lol

I remember the early days with DH when we were dating.... He had an immaculate kitchen and an extensive spice rack all in alphabetical order......
    I wish my DH had been a little more OCD before we met. When we moved in he'd contribute to the dish washing once a week. When I confronted him about it he said "you only need to wash the dishes 2-3 times a week, so I wash nearly half the time"!!! He also doesn't believe that toilets need to be cleaned, just a brush if anything gets stuck. His mum used to get fed up about every 6 months and come over and clean his toilet. (Now where is that vomit emoticon when I need it?!?)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Que Sera  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Don't worry I was embarrassed too. My friends felt they could never make a mess or be comfortable. They used to joke about it but it embarrassed me.

I strive for somewhere in the middle.

Don't get me wrong I still have my OCD traits (lifetime of learning from an expert).
    Haha yeah see it's the extremes that are painful. I want to be in the middle to. I only have the one bub though so it's easy to step over that middle line. Come 2 weeks I highly doubt I'll be able to keep up some things haha

And with 4 bambinos, Sonja like you have, I guarantee I couldn't keep up what I'm doing hell no. 😶

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post

Everyone says the biggest thing after having a baby is to accept help from family/friends but that would have just caused too much stress for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is me too - I always 'like' the idea of help but would never accept it as it would drive me mad

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),michellek  (20-06-2014)