+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Well mostly I belong in the other thread, but my unlazy mummy thing is that I go out with the kids every day. Morning and afternoon. Staying home does my head in.
    This is me too. Doesn't leave a lot of time to be OCD about housework.

Generally housework is low on the priority list but I do have a few little obsessions.

Washing loads must be sorted and I wash every day. (Eg. Darks one day, nappies next day, towels and baby clothes next day) I thought this was normal with 2 kids until I read the other thread. I do wear 90% black though! I used to be shocking with folding but very proud that the longest it sits clean in a basket is 1-2 days.

The cutlery drawer must have everything pointing my way and in the right place. MIL helped pack away the dishes the other day and she put the knives and forks in each other's places AND she faced the butter knives and the serrated knives the same way! I couldn't wait for her to leave the room so I could fix it!

I also have all the toys sorted into their specific cubes. She helped there too - OMG there was wooden train set in the Duplo!!! (Takes deep breath)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),JAG242  (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do some of the things mentioned here too OP. My laziness mostly revolves around my inconsistency, as I have always hated routine.

I am absolutely in awe of people who's houses are never ever dirty or dusty. I think these people are amazing! My aunt is like this. Her house looks like a display home 100% of the time and when my cousins were little they always looked immaculate too according to my mother.

Im like big red V I have to have at least one activity outside the house every day or I will quite literally die of torturous boredom. But I never organise indoor activities for DS on the other hand.

I can relate to the vacuuming and keeping bench tops clean though - I do that every day, well mostly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lord ladies!!! I have friends... Glad to see I'm not alone.
    Just realised this may be a good thread as the lazy one was giving me shortcut ideas (not that I think I can follow through) and this thread may give them ideas?? Maybe???

I rearrange the pantry 4000 times a day, last night at 11pm I was moving things around throwing away what didn't fit in lol my husband asked if there was a rat in the cupboard..

Every night after dinner I jif my sink the rinse, wipe and then spray glen 20surface spray over it.

I wipe benches down in the kitchen at least 17 times a day

My self or dd never ever leave the house with mismatched clothes. Not even for home. We have home clothes and they all match 😃

It's very true by saying I have had a few times where I've gotten lazy and let things go... A bit but I just can't relax with a messy house I absolutely hate it so rather to keep up with it.

Oh I just remembered I still steralize my dd's dummies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    This thread takes me back to my childhood. My mother was seriously OCD in how she ran the house. I feel bad now but we used to deliberately hide dirty washing or leave one spoon behind the couch just to mess with her.

Oh dear. I have a little of her OCD but have let it go with 4 kids and work. It's like pushing back the tide some days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kitchen/lounge room has to be tidy before bed, otherwise I go to bed in a crappy mood. I hate coming out into a messy lounge room / kitchen.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luminary For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),Que Sera  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I was lying in bed last night thinking of starting a thread like this! I don't think I'm OCD but maybe slightly an*lly retentive In some ways I'm a bit sloppy (especially with piles of paperwork and changing the sheets) but I do...

* iron clothes
    * put clean clothes away straight away
    * am pretty full on with what we eat - healthy, wholesome raw foods etc
    * I organise school bags, lunches and uniforms the night before
    * I am pretty psycho about having things stocked up - toilet paper, hand wash, cling wrap etc. I go crazy if something runs out and there is no replacement
    * I love clothes and am particular about how my kids dress. Had to let go of this one for a while when DD was asserting her independence a few years ago!
    * I'm a bit crazy with cleaning the toilet. I'm not a germaphobe otherwise though
    * I cannot go to bed with a messy kitchen

I know there's more but you get the point

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeh I fit into both categories - housework I hate and everything goes in the dishwasher ( except my knives) I'll only do a proper clean if someone is coming over ( except the kitchen I clean that every night ) I don't dust and have a cleaner as I hate vacuuming/moping and refuse to clean bathrooms but I am fussy with washing ( hate the dryer and use the line always. ) and I iron all our outfits every morning

I always change when I get home and DS has that habit now - he will come home, put his shoes away and put on his "comfy pants ". ( track suit pants !) and never wear the same pjs a second time so we all go through 3 , sometimes 4 changes a clothes a day and we never leave the house unless we are all dressed properly (I get DS outfits ready the night before ) hair is always done and brushed - DS has been getting his hair cut every 6 weeks since he was 10 months old as I don't like unkempt hair! ( DH gets his done every 3 weeks!)

We don't eat fast food and I cook everything unless we go out for dinner - i meal plan for the week and make sure that DS has at least 5 serves of veggies a day , my lazy dinner for him if we are late home or I'm not feeling well is pita pizzas ( store bought wholemeal pita bread) but I put fresh pizza sauce, kale, tomato, mushrooms, capsicum and chia seeds on it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014),Que Sera  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This thread takes me back to my childhood. My mother was seriously OCD in how she ran the house. I feel bad now but we used to deliberately hide dirty washing or leave one spoon behind the couch just to mess with her.

Oh dear. I have a little of her OCD but have let it go with 4 kids and work. It's like pushing back the tide some days.
    My growing up was opposite....I grew up in mess and clutter my parents were terrible. I was to embarrassed to even have friends over.
    Last edited by LoCo; 20-06-2014 at 08:53.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I'm lazy in some ways but there are some things I'm particular about. Laundry and kitchen are my particular things. Every morning while the boys are having their breakfast I'll go around the house, make all the beds, pick up any washing and put a load on, it gets dried, folded and put away same day. I hate having dirty washing or unfolded washing just sitting there. Dishes are never left and kitchen bench is always clean.
    I find it's a lot less effort to keep on top of those couple of things rather than playing catch up all the time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Oh I just remembered I still steralize my dd's dummies
    Dd1 still had bottles until she was 2 (had lots of trouble getting rid of them) and I never gave her a bottle that wasn't sterilised.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Dansci0  (22-06-2014)