+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    can she scratch her own skin with the little tack thing and then just let the dr put the allergen on? I don't know if thats allowed or even a safe option but i remember the little tool they used to scratch ds's skin didn't look too dangerous and I imagine a 6 yr old might be big enough to do it...... just a thought???? don't know if its possible.

I know I can't stand when anyone else takes a splinter out of me... but Im able to do it myself.
    Not an absolute hope in hell! Good idea but no, it wouldn't work for dd6. Thanks though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Yes her 2.5yo test was the first one she freaked out at. The 4yo immunisation shots were interesting, it took two nurses to hold her down and she screamed the place down. Her coeliac blood test was an absolute nightmare. I had to pin her down with my body while two nurses took blood.

I wonder if I could get away with telling her they were drawing on her back.
    Give it a go for you!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My son had skin prick test. It was on his back so he couldn't actually see.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just thought I'd update this thread, we had a visit to the gp this evening. Her fear is so bad, even just to get her into the gp was a huge effort. She cried the whole way there and once I managed to get her out of the car she screamed and clung onto the building door frame. The receptionist thought we were there because she'd had an accident, she was making so much noise I managed to calm her down by *promising* her there would be no needles, but I wasn't allowed to say the I word (injection) and she is still upset now, an hour later and safely at home

Anyway the gp was helpful, she said yes maybe she can be tested through controlled challenge but the allergist is the person to discuss that with, and she gave me a referral. (It would be difficult considering some reactions take hours to show up).

But she also took me seriously about the needle phobia and gave us a referral to a child psych yay! At first I was sorry I had brought dd6 to the appt because she was so distressed, but the up side is the gp saw how distressed she was just having a doctor's visit with no procedure.

Anyway that's where we're at, thanks to everyone who replied. Poor dd6, I feel so sorry for her