+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

Its really really hard to not compare and think that the grass is greener on the other side, but its not realistic that those peoples lives are as perfect as they are making it out to be. Most people only tell you their highlight reel, they dont tell you that it killed them a little inside that they missed out in hearing their babies first word because they were at work or that by the time their kids go to bed they are so exhausted they go to sleep too and theres not a lot of intimacy left in their relationship or hell that when no one is watching they binge on a block of chocolate a night. Or they suspect their husband might not be faithful..They just aren't talking about it because they want to project an image.

You want to be at home with your kids and thats what you're doing, thats wonderful! Its hard but you're making it work, your toughing out the hard stuff because being at home is important to you! Your life wont always be in such a whirlwind, the storm will calm and when the boys get a bit older things will fall into place.

Have you called and invited people over? Sometimes i get huffy when i see people doing things but never with me, then i realise that i never actually make the first move and invite them over!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (20-06-2014),HillDweller  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel exhausted reading all that so I can guess how you feel. I don't know why but getting outdoors with kids always makes things better. Sometimes I just take lunch to the park and at least the mess is not at home!
    Personally I don't like going to those perfect homes. The best mum friends I have admit this gig is hard, have dust on the floor and have a good old laugh about parenting fails.
    There is this play group kind of thing called tops. I haven't been but know people who have. There is a crèche and volunteers to mind the kids while the adults chat and have a cuppa. It seems to be held in various churches but apparently it isn't pushy on the religious front. Would that be any good?
    i hope things get better really soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually tis called mops!!!!

http://mops.org.au/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by undercover7 View Post
    I don't have the right words to say (I'm in my own meltdown right now) but just wanted to let you know you're not alone and don't compare yourself to others, it's rarely as great as they make it seem.
    Oh no, hope you're feeling better with a new day. Sometimes it would just be nice to stay in bed for a few days and wake up with everything better wouldn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs I hope today you feel better. I have cap days like that. Even this morning I was soo freaking frustrated because I just want to live in a real house again. So freaking over this dam shed. So sorry my own little vent.
    Anyhow your not alone. Be kind to yourself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Comparison is the thief of joy.

Its really really hard to not compare and think that the grass is greener on the other side, but its not realistic that those peoples lives are as perfect as they are making it out to be. Most people only tell you their highlight reel, they dont tell you that it killed them a little inside that they missed out in hearing their babies first word because they were at work or that by the time their kids go to bed they are so exhausted they go to sleep too and theres not a lot of intimacy left in their relationship or hell that when no one is watching they binge on a block of chocolate a night. Or they suspect their husband might not be faithful..They just aren't talking about it because they want to project an image.

You want to be at home with your kids and thats what you're doing, thats wonderful! Its hard but you're making it work, your toughing out the hard stuff because being at home is important to you! Your life wont always be in such a whirlwind, the storm will calm and when the boys get a bit older things will fall into place.

Have you called and invited people over? Sometimes i get huffy when i see people doing things but never with me, then i realise that i never actually make the first move and invite them over!
    When I had my first I invited people around and I started to get a bit annoyed about the excuses so I stopped asking. I guess I just never started asking again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Actually tis called mops!!!!

http://mops.org.au/
    Oh yes I know of one near me, I've thought about going a few times but then put it in the too hard basket to get there in time. Maybe I should make the effort. :-)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

hope today is a better day for you.

just 1 day at a time ....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Oh no, hope you're feeling better with a new day. Sometimes it would just be nice to stay in bed for a few days and wake up with everything better wouldn't it.
    There's a meme on Facebook along the lines of spending a day in bed drinking tea and surfing the net all day long... Sounds like heaven to me!
    Hope you're having a better day, mine is somewhat better 😊 bearable anyway 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Zombie_eyes;7824650]Comparison is the thief of joy.

I love this and definitely need to remember it myself atm. Hope you're feeling better op. Xxoo

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app