+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Early riser! Please help!

My 16 month old is waking between 4.45-5.15 am and has done for the last 4-6 weeks. Any advice gratefully appreciated. She goes to bed at 6.15-6.30 pm and has for a long time and it is very difficult to push her out past this time.

She seems to be trying to drop her 9 am morning sleep and her 1 pm sleep and have a sleep around 10.30-11 am for 1.5 hours.

The problem is after being awake for one/two hours or so in the morning, she is dead on her feet and often needs a sleep around 7.30 for 40 mins. (Not surprising with the early starts!)

So today I thought maybe if I drop that morning nap she is having, it may help things?!! We managed to get to 10.30am without the nap. Our house is very very cold so I have been rugging her up and leaving the heater on overnight to take the edge of the room. I have also just bought an ergo pouch 3.5 tog bag with arms so that should help.

The problem is that the whole house wakes then and it is taking its toll. I don’t know if we just need to adjust our sleep routine and go to bed earlier and except she is an early riser (she has usually risen around 6.30am which was great) or find a way to solve the problem? And how???!!!!!! Please help!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. I could of written your post dd is 16 months and past 4-6 weeks she sleeps from roughly 630- 5ish then up for day, it's getting earlier and earlier. Any attempts at resettling or ignoring fail.

I have to put her to bed so early as she gets up so freaking early and getting earlier. She has 1 day nap lasting 1.5-2.5

I'm happy to go with it at this point but hoping its a phase. At least there's no bed time battles!

Eta: I'm pretty sure she's no cold dd is in a grobag and I put an extra layer on than recommended and hasn't dropped below 18 at night yet (have a room thermometer on baby monitor)
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 19-06-2014 at 15:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 17 month old has decided 5:30am is a good wake up time, up until last month he always slept in til 6:30am. He only has one day sleep, normally 10-12pm but lately it's been 1-3pm. He goes to bed at 7:30pm so I don't understand why he is getting up at 5:30! So I'm subbing too because I hate getting up at 5:30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just reread your post and just letting you know my dd gets so tired around 9ish so I need to do everything possible to stop her from falling asleep if in car or stroller and then she gets a second wind and can now go to 1230ish before a long nap.....
    She still rises early though lol

I just go to bed early and I have to get up at 5am 2 days a week for work anyways so I'm kinda an early riser too but not by choice! Sucks on my days off or if we want to have a late night.

So glad another tot the same age is doing the same thing You are not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 17mo DS is also an early riser. Bed is by 6:30pm with one day sleep (he'd love 2 but with a 9am and 2:30 school run he doesn't have a choice now ha'!)
    I've gotta keep an eye on him at 9:30ish. or he'll sleep wherever he is. Day sleep is usually 11:30-2pm
    Later bedtime makes it harder as he is overtired and still wakes.
    He was waking at 5 then 4:30 then 4 so DH & DD slept downstairs in toy room for 3 nights and we let him whinge/cry as he was getting used to me going in to calm him so he wouldn't wake the house.
    Worked well. He is still up at 5:45-6am but in fine with that. Some mornings I hear him at 4ish but he has a little chat and quiet again within 3 mins.
    Last edited by Mmumm; 19-06-2014 at 17:27.