+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recommend me a kettle

Ours works fine but it is that noisey I think our neighbours could hear it. DH gets up about 5.30am and has a coffee and the kettle wakes DS. Occasionally he will go back to sleep but not always and I'm over starting the day at 5.30.

So anyone know of a super quiet kettle??

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the el-cheapo $7 kettle from BIGW. Barely makes a peep. It doesn't whistle- just turns itself off when it's done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    We got the el-cheapo $7 kettle from BIGW. Barely makes a peep. It doesn't whistle- just turns itself off when it's done
    Really! Wow, might give that one a go. Our current one is a stainless steal Russell Hobbs one that cost me close to $100. Luckily it was about 5 years ago so it's had plenty of use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a Russell Hobbs whisper quiet, which was so quiet I forgot I'd boiled the kettle numerous times. The quiet past lasted about 18mo, then sounded like a jumbo jet.
    I was advised last week in appliance store that plastic kettles are quiet, so I bought a black $115 Delonghi plastic one that looks all sparkly - and it's a jet engine too so disappointed.
    I called shop back, explained and was told they have metal bases hence the noise.
    So you need a plastic kettle wit a plastic base for it it to be quiet, or a specific whisper quiet one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    We had a Russell Hobbs whisper quiet, which was so quiet I forgot I'd boiled the kettle numerous times. The quiet past lasted about 18mo, then sounded like a jumbo jet.
    I was advised last week in appliance store that plastic kettles are quiet, so I bought a black $115 Delonghi plastic one that looks all sparkly - and it's a jet engine too so disappointed.
    I called shop back, explained and was told they have metal bases hence the noise.
    So you need a plastic kettle wit a plastic base for it it to be quiet, or a specific whisper quiet one
    So cheap ones seem like the go!

Yeah tbh I can't remember if ours used to be quiet or not, it's been so long and in our old house the kitchen was more closed off so didn't notice the noise

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a couple of sunbeam 'express cordless' and found them pretty quiet. Very fast to boil as well.

I recently upgraded to a sunbeam 'retro' one. It looks so cool, but I can see why they stopped designing kettles with the handle at the top - I steam burn myself all the time!