+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They have a gardener who mows the lawns etc.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know the QLD legislation at all but are there any sections relating to either exclusive use or quiet enjoyment?
    Agree with previous poster who suggested bringing up the bond casually with the landlord first. They are 2 separate issues - bond and shed. If landlord sounds dodgy about the bond definitely raise that with a tenancy advice service.
    Depending on your relationship with the landlord, can you casually bring up the shed with them too ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you put a lock on the gate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would lock the gate too .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just lock the gate and when the neighbours come just tell them you don't want them in the property. And definately check it out with the tenants advisory service in your state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon that without having the yard on your lease or you maintaining it, you might have dramas with locking the gate. It is more between you and the landlord rather than you and the other tennant.

If you don't feel comfortable talking about any of the bond or yard issues with the landlord, are any of the services that you know of able to speak to him and negotiate/advocate on your behalf?

Is your landlord usually reasonable to speak to? Whats your gut feeling on how they might respond?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

happypeanut  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are right Que Sera.

I rang the landlord before the trespassing issue to discuss the creepy handyman they've employed to finish off things in my flat (he made gross comments about how sexy his best friend's wife is and then mentioned something about sexpo, asked what I was doing etc...plus he's my dad's age or older!) I told the landlord if it is necessary for him to come around anymore and that he makes me feel uncomfortable and before I could explain why I felt uncomfortable I was cut off and told "oh he's fine, we've known him for years, he's not that kind of guy, blah blah".

So now I feel a bit hesitant to "kick up a stink" about neighbours intruding on my property. Like I'm causing trouble or something.

I'm not doing well mentally at the moment and have actually not been at the rental for most of this week due to extreme anxiety. I am shutting down and trying to avoid things.

I probably should go back to hospital. I am scared and I don't know how I will be able to take care of my baby when I can't take care of myself.

I have a friend who has been trying to help me and has offered to talk to the landlord on my behalf but I feel like I should be strong enough to face these things by myself.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to give me advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happypeanut View Post
    You are right Que Sera.

I rang the landlord before the trespassing issue to discuss the creepy handyman they've employed to finish off things in my flat (he made gross comments about how sexy his best friend's wife is and then mentioned something about sexpo, asked what I was doing etc...plus he's my dad's age or older!) I told the landlord if it is necessary for him to come around anymore and that he makes me feel uncomfortable and before I could explain why I felt uncomfortable I was cut off and told "oh he's fine, we've known him for years, he's not that kind of guy, blah blah".

So now I feel a bit hesitant to "kick up a stink" about neighbours intruding on my property. Like I'm causing trouble or something.

I'm not doing well mentally at the moment and have actually not been at the rental for most of this week due to extreme anxiety. I am shutting down and trying to avoid things.

I probably should go back to hospital. I am scared and I don't know how I will be able to take care of my baby when I can't take care of myself.

I have a friend who has been trying to help me and has offered to talk to the landlord on my behalf but I feel like I should be strong enough to face these things by myself.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to give me advice.

Nothing wrong with getting a friend to help out with negotiating a few things for you OP. If you're feeling a bit vulnerable or not so strong then take your friends help, that's what friends are for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

happypeanut  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    In terms of negotiating, this is something the tenancy advocacy service can do for you as well. They really provide a great service and support if needed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

happypeanut  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, lots happened today!

My dad and I went out to lunch and returned to my rental to find my "please shut the gate" signs torn from the fence (which would have taken a bit of muscle to do) that I had put up yesterday.

I started to have a panic attack and told dad this is the last straw, and asked him to call the landlord for me.

The landlord ended up coming around (with his father) and we went through the issue of the neighbours given unwarranted access to my property and all the issues that go with that. The landlord seemed understanding but his father was acting like a bully, straight into attack mode and was like "well, what do you want us to do?!"

I said they need to either place a shed on the neighbours property or I want to terminate the agreement. The landlord's father said "well, when can you leave?" and his son (the landlord) told his father to settle down and they both walked away and drove off! His father isn't even technically my landlord! So weird.

The landlord called my dad about 30mins later and said he'd put a shed on the neighbour's property.

I feel a bit shaken up because it was such a weird, tense situation and I felt pretty threatened even though my agreement has been breached by them.

I'm writing him am email to go over what was discussed today so I have some sort of documentation.

I needed to get this all out! This stuff makes me feel like it would just be easier to live with my abusive ex

Xo

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app