+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Not since the introduction of height markers, my DS3 still fit his capsule at 10 months we only moved him into a normal rearward seat cos my wrists were hurting from carrying it.

ETA: oh and my DS3 is by no means small. 90% for height.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same here, DS is big for his age and he fit in the capsule until 11 months. We mainly changed to the car seat because friends had a baby and were borrowing our capsule.

Can you get your Dh to install the car seat? Ours gets put in and out of the car multiple times and week and takes hardly anytime to put in. Haha DF installed our car seat the morning he picked us up from the hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is installed now but if we have to change I guess DH could install it. He just wanted to make sure it was done correctly though given he's never done it before which is why we went to a professional

Ok so I stood the back of the passenger seat up super straight & it now should be just usable for someone my height but dont think it will work for anyone taller (like DH).

And now I cant learn to drive cause DH wont be able to sit in the passenger seat, he'll have to sit behind the drivers seat so he wont be able to see what I can see, help me with road position etc.

I had no idea having a car seat was going to cause so many problems!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 18-06-2014 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by xyz987; 21-08-2014 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I think the ambulance service are stopping their capsule hire program soon but will have to see if there's anywhere else.

Hopefully my parents will be able to hire a capsule as there is no way they'll fit a rear-facing seat in their car, its a lot smaller than ours!

If we do stick with the seat we have, does anyone know if there's a safe or recommended distance the front seat passenger should be away from the air bags? The front seat is so far forward now & im worried about how close I (& particularly my baby bump) am to the dash if I sit there.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by heartstringz; 18-06-2014 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know you arent keen on swapping to a different seat with only 2wks to go but it would be a better option to do so now before bubs arrives.

Do you have a baby shop near you?
    At the one near us you can test out the seats in your car to see how they fit & they do free installation - usually at time of purchase

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can hire the capsules, and if your parents need a car seat you can get a second base for some of the capsules too. We had a strider capsule and could get a second base for hubby's car much cheaper than buying a second seat. It lasted till about 8 months and my DD was a big bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep just leave it from day 1 if you like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks everyone lots of stuff to consider.

Just on another note, how much sideways movement should there be? I'm new to this but in my opinion if I wobble the seat it seems to move quite a lot. DH reckons that's fine because it will 'help to absorb some impact' but I have some serious concerns about bubby's neck if we were in an accident. It was installed by the Qld Ambulance so you would hope that they know what they are doing, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where the seatbelt runs through the base if the seat you can have up to an inch movement. Rear facing seats quite often move what looks like an awful lot at the top but it's within normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like having a capsule, we used one for 8 months with our first and 7 months with our second. We chose a meridan ahr when we had our mazda 3 and it was crazy because it was so big and one of us had to travel in the back. So when we upgraded our car we were like yay our car seat will be fine rear facing but it wasn't, it still touched the front seat. We ended up going and getting a compaq and it was so much easier because it didn't recline as flat as what the meridan did so it saved having to have our seats with your knees up around your ears.