Closed Thread
Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Blinky – I am happy for you, that you’re done with your donor screening and you’re all set to go. I am with baby2mom, and I am not sure if they accompany the donors to appointments, especially since the agent is based in Joburg and all this is happening in Cape Town. It’s something I should have asked.So far I am very happy with Jenny’s service. I must say I was a bit weary of going with her, after reading a lot of ‘not so good’ reviews about her here. But none of the most well talked about agents had donors that suited what I was looking for. I am praying it works out.My donor is a first timer, which is why I am a bit nervous.She has a child though, so I am hoping all will go well. Thanks for the positive thoughts, I need them. Have you decided where you’ll be staying and for how long? Will you stay close to the clinic or choose somewhere near the beach? I can’t wait to get my treatment plan so I can confirm my accommodation and flights before everything gets booked. We are planning on arriving in Cape Town on the 30th, and leaving on the 14th of February, we’re staying for 15 days. We decided to turn this into a holiday as well, because we might not afford one for a long time after this.
    Laned – Thanks for the welcome. I am feeling more relaxed now finding out it’s the norm. From the paperwork I got from CFC, I thought we had a choice, because they said something about, ‘’if a cycle is unpredictable the OCP will be used’’.Thanks to all you ladies for clarifying this for me.
    Miss Sagi – Yeah three us there Jan/Feb will be great. We’ll probably bump into each other. Has your donor been screened already?

Very best to everyone

Faith

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

laned  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and gent,

Laned and Mardi - I'm following your progress with fingers crossed...sorry to hear about your meds issue but things are still on track so looks like a small hurdle which you both dealt with...

Hoping4 - sorry about your chemical.. most of us have been there and know how deflating it is to be happy and then see it disappear... hang in there, i hear that the FETs work very well and maybe the first was just practice and the second is the one...thinking of you

CAmom - congratulations on being PUPO..!

Em - looking forward to pictures of your beautiful girl..not long now..

AFM - my donor cycle was delayed by a few weeks so now the plan is for an early Dec transfer... While waiting for my day 1 to arrive, yesterday I took a HPT and it is a faint positive so took a digital test and "pregnant 1-2 weeks"... we have never got pregnant naturally before...so shocked was an understatement followed by thinking of all the things I did "wrong" - too many heavy gym cycles, not eating properly and no meds..! took another two tests this morning and one was "not pregant" the other "pregnant 1-2 week"....guessing chemical. Has anyone had this before? Could this be a good sign for our donor cycle?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

laned  (26-10-2014),mardicharli  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh myheart what a roller coaster! Sorry to hear it's looking like a chem... a big hug to you.
    A few ladies on the over 40s ivf thread have had chemicals and it is a good sign that the embryo tried to take, but didn't quite make it.
    Does Lynn have you on a basic immune protocol for your donor cycle with antibiotics, prednisolone and clexane? If so that will only assist and give you the best possible chance. At our age, with own eggs, its probably an egg thing that it didn't take fully this time. Keep testing though, you never know FRERs are probably your best bet...Thinking of you
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EM - thank you so much for the reply.... yes Lynn's protocol for me is prednisolne, clexane and gestone / pessaries support.... I was on none of this so was very surprised to see a positive test... I agree, about the age and with own eggs.... What are the antibodies? Did you use this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    She had both DH and I on doxycyaline for a few weeks before the cycle, it helps with any utis etc (not that we had them then or before) but more as a preventative.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Heart - Wow, I am almost speechless!!! As Em said, what a roller coaster ride. Have you organised to get bloods done to see what is going on? Big hugs to you Hun. Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

myheart  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - thankyou, yes bloods tomorrow...whatever happens we are happy to get a positive hpt against everything we have been told about my dh's sperm plus my age and my nk cells... it is just nice to have finally had a natural result - even if it is a chemical.... looking foward to hearing about your SA trip...

Em - thanks for the information - will discuss with Lynn

12. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Myheart, let's hope it sticks.

Faith, my donor is donating in November so I have to wait until after this before she can have her screening tests. Wouldn't be surprised if i don't see my plan until mid December.

I have everything ready, just waiting, waiting, waiting!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

faith15  (27-10-2014),laned  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myheart – all the best for your blood test, I’m crossing fingers and toes that it is more than a chemical and a huge BFP. Either way it is a very positive sign.

Miss Sagi – welcome to the thread!

Mrs Erin – I’m so sorry to see that you have been unwell and cooped up in hospital on bed rest. I hope things are settling and you get to go home soon.

Mardicharli & Laned – what a nightmare with your overseas meds. I’m glad you were able to get a refund Laned (too right!) and hopefully yours arrives soon Mardicharli. The last thing you need leading into a cycle is to be stressed, how frustrating.

Hopeforall – I’ve emailed you about dinner with Laned and I on the 18th. So can’t wait!

Mardicharli & Patsy73 – if you’re in CT on 18th November please PM for details of the dinner if you’re interesting in joining us. If not, I totally understand, and wish you all the very best of luck for a hugely successful cycle. Similarly if you’re keen but can’t make the 18th, we will be there from 4th-19th November so might be able to catch up another time.

CAmom – I hope you’re having an amazing time in SA and congrats for being PUPO! I hope the 2ww flies by.

Blinky76 and Faith15 – January will roll around before you know it, we’re flying out in less than a week and I can remember when it was still months away. You also have the silly season to make things go even faster. Wishing you all the luck in the world for your cycles.

Emski72 – with only 7 weeks to go until your precious girl arrives, you must be just about to finish up work. As I don’t get to post very often I just wanted to say a huge thanks for all your support and words of advice to me and all the other ladies (and Tittle!). You’re posts are always helpful, calming and reassuring. I really hope the last part of your pregnancy goes as smoothly as possible.

I’m really sorry if I have forgotten anyone but as this thread is so popular I’m sure I have. Love and baby dust to everyone.

xx

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (27-10-2014),faith15  (27-10-2014),laned  (27-10-2014),mardicharli  (28-10-2014),myheart  (27-10-2014),Patsy73  (27-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

Hope all is going well for everyone, haven't been on much in the last couple of weeks, as waiting for our donors test and results so trying to keep distracted.

Fortunately they have all come back Friday as healthy with an AMH in normal range. And they've send our treatment plan for us to see Dr LR on 26 Jan for first appointment.

So have busily booked our flights and accommodation this weekend. So exciting, and the time will fly!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but one quick one I'm not clear why they suggest using the international pharmacy. Is it because it's cheaper or perhaps depends on the protocol doe each individual. I've got scripts from my GP for the medications in my treatment plan, but before getting them filled wanted to see what others are doing.

Baby dust to all!
    xx

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

laned  (27-10-2014),mardicharli  (28-10-2014)