Closed Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR: Brilliant idea re the powerboard! Wish I'd thought of that before I bought a couple of new ones from Ebay.
    Mardi Charli: If you do buy online, go for a well-known brand (I went for Korjo). Some of them looked a bit dodgy...you don't want it bursting into flames.

Nearly time for today's Lucrin injection (I do it around 5pm so it'll work for SA time too). Quite pleased that this will be number six already...dare I say I'm getting slightly excited (but still a tad overwhelmed...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope4best sorry about your BFN. Stay strong and play the odds with a return visit!! For the record if i was in your shoes i would do a frozen cycle. Prior to going we had discussed that if it didnt work and we had frozens we would return twice for FET if needed. Failing that, look for a new donor. But maybe thats to do with difficulty getting time off work etc for us.

regarding sim cards, we used a pre paid woolies (Australia) one. costs wernt too bad, but it was a bit of a pain. sometimes calls didnt work etc but still got charged. didnt think i would need to recharge as much as did..local sim sounds a lot better.!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

Does anyone want 2 free tickets to the Parents, babies and children expo in Melbourne this weekend? We can't use them given I'm still in hospital. If so, please PM me.
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 23-10-2014 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all the great ideas ladies and gent! Much appreciated. Don't know how I'd get in the slightest bit organized without all your help. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hope everyone is doing well.

I just got news that my donor's screening is booked for this coming Monday. I am really hoping all goes well. I asked the clinic to test her AMH as well, I felt I needed to know what it was, and also for the doctors to know how to stim her.

I have a question for the ladies who have already cycled. Did you use your natural cycle or did you go on the pill, in order to sync your cycle to your donor's? I had originally calculated my arrival date based on my natural period, but was told Dr LR would be on leave, and was only back Jan 25. I was given an option to stick with my dates and be treated by his partner Dr H, or move my dates to end of Jan, when Dr LR is back. I wasn't really comfortable with being treated by a different doc, to the one I have been corresponding with. But changing my dates, means I can't use my natural cycle, I have to use the pill. What do you ladies think? Really need your help here.

Faith

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Faith, Ive just come off the pill as I had to sync with my donor. I never considered it as an option to not use it as either way one of us would need to go on it to ensure the timing is right & I preferred that I did instead of her as she's the one harvesting the eggs so I'd prefer her cycle be as natural as possible. We take meds to ensure our uterus is ready to accommodate a baby so it's not like you have to be worried about anything as a result of being on it. I'm definitely not worried about it as I believe AF is coming today which means I can get started.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

faith15  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith - it's my understanding that DR LR will always cycle you with the pill in the month/s leading up your cycle. When I asked him about not using the pill last time he said he prefers to control the 'what ifs' as some ladies have their cycles change due to stress.. Which could change the timing.

In your actual donor cycle you actually stop the pill to go on a
    an ovulation suppressant (Lucrin, synarel) to stop you ovulating for your donor cycle and then progynova to build up your lining. I don't believe any FS will let you do a DE cycle as a natural cycle.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (24-10-2014),mardicharli  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I didn't use the pill due to having Factor V Lieden and it was a nightmare, my cycle was all over the place stopping and starting and I had to go for hormone blood tests every 2 days prior to leaving for CPT and it was REALLY stressful. My donor was on the pill ... I would urge you to take the pill if you can - why allow a 'variable' to be there in such an important cycle. It's the last thing you need.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

faith15  (24-10-2014),mardicharli  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope for all, Blinky and Emski Thanks so much ladies. This was really worrying me, because i thought i could use my natural cycle. Now that i know i have to go on the OCP anyway, i am comfortable with the decision i made to change the dates. It makes sense anyway because my AF tends to be early or late by a few days when i am doing a cycle.

Faith

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith - what date will you be aiming for now? We have our first appointment on 28th January with DR LR.