Closed Thread
Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your best wishes - you're a great support. It was as I suspected... I know that we're not supposed to use those hpt's but they have never really led me astray in the past so I was pretty sure I knew what the outcome was. I hope all of you heading over in the future have far better luck and I wish you all the best. Gosh it's hard regrouping though after a failure - I'd prepared for everything to go wrong prior to transfer - but I think subconsciously I thought once we got to transfer it would be ok, so that's probably part of the reason I struggled a bit. We probably will head back for a frozen cycle - but I just need to get an answer about the frozen having real potential after what happened with the fresh - or if we're better doing another cycle with a new donor (will ask treating doctors here and there) If so I think maybe January. I'll be following your journeys and as I said anyone going to Jozie that would like to ask questions please feel free. Best wishes to everyone.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoping4best For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-10-2014),Patsy73  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4best View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your best wishes - you're a great support. It was as I suspected... I know that we're not supposed to use those hpt's but they have never really led me astray in the past so I was pretty sure I knew what the outcome was. I hope all of you heading over in the future have far better luck and I wish you all the best. Gosh it's hard regrouping though after a failure - I'd prepared for everything to go wrong prior to transfer - but I think subconsciously I thought once we got to transfer it would be ok, so that's probably part of the reason I struggled a bit. We probably will head back for a frozen cycle - but I just need to get an answer about the frozen having real potential after what happened with the fresh - or if we're better doing another cycle with a new donor (will ask treating doctors here and there) If so I think maybe January. I'll be following your journeys and as I said anyone going to Jozie that would like to ask questions please feel free. Best wishes to everyone.
    Sorry to read that, it would be very hard to take after all the effort. Thinking of you and your DH x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Laned & Mardicharli, It's probably no consolation but I dare say it takes 10 days to hit our shores and I guarantee the hold up is customs. You should check to see if they have a customer service line for these enquiries. When do you both need to inject?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4 - I am so sorry to read your very sad news. I had held on to a glimmer of hope that the POAS was wrong. I can't imagine the emotions at the moment. I am pleased that you are considering going back and wish you the best in getting some answers. Did you go through Medfem?

MissSagi - thank you, yes Fert2U did advise that it would be 10 working days (which is today). Unfortunately no medications today and Aus Post still have no idea!! My local FS had me start on daily Lucrin today, which is early, just because he is super cautious! So if the depot happens to arrive at all, I still may take it on CD1. Unfortunately, CFC didn't get back to me on an early start re Lucrin, but I decided to go with Wazza's advice.

AFM - as above hope I made the correct decision re the Lucrin, but time will tell. Saw my endocrinologist today and my TSH levels are increasing again . That said I have now switched over to the PTU pregnancy friendly drug. Fingers crossed all will work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best - so very sorry to hear of your BFN. I, like Laned, was so hoping those pesky POAS were just playing tricks on you. Big hugs from me. xxx
    Miss Sagi - Fertility2u finally got back to me and insist it only takes up to 10 days but it wasn't of much comfort knowing Lanes situation.. Will keep everything crossed. Only have a couple of days grace over the 10 days or I will have to start a different medication and waste the $350 which is ridiculous. Just wish they would have said it might be longer and I would have paid express postage - too late now its sent! I have until approx 4/5th Nov depending on when AF decides to show up...
    Laned - at least Wazza is looking after you and you can rest assured you wont ovulate too early! Still hoping to see your post say its arrived for you!
    AFM - Keeping busy at work and trying to organise this trip. My second only ever OS and first with my boy. Lots to think of.
    Thanks everyone for the pressie ideas, given me a few great ideas to look at!
    2 questions for those who have been already.. Do you need power adapters for the power points for hair dryers, chargers etc or do Aussie ones work fine? And have most people just bought another SIM for their phones to use at the airport? Was that easiest to do?
    Thanks heaps again everyone.
    Good luck to everyone wherever they are in their journey. xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mardi - it is very frustrating, as I too would have paid for express. I have received a helpful email from Zara inquiring as to whether I received the medication order today. I advised her that I hadn't and had been ordered an alternative which I have now commenced.

I am extremely lucky to have the additional reassurance of Wazza overseeing my care. CFC have gotten back to me to say it's okay for me to follow Wazza's regime...phew!

As for hair dryers, I didn't take one as the hotels all had one. From memory the power points were different (similar to the UK if I'm correct).

We purchased a Vodacom SIM. It was very easy and prepaid, a lot cheaper than international roam and also had data. It was also very easy to top up at kiosks in shopping centres. They will ask you for your passport for security reasons, so dont freak out if they do (I'm always worried about ID fraud)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best - I am so very sorry for your negative result. There are no words to mend a broken heart. Take care of yourself

Faith

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping4best: So sorry to hear your news. Have a good cry if you need to and then start thinking about next time. You'll get there.

Thanks all for the advice re the daily Lucrin injection. I'm going to clarify with Cyndi and then if I need further supplies for day 22, I'll hopefully be able to get it from CFC.

Mardi Charli: You will need a power adaptor and after consulting google, it doesn't look the same as a British plug as you need one with three round pins. Have a look online: I'm going to pick up one from Ebay but they should be readily available from the airport.
    Last edited by Patsy73; 23-10-2014 at 08:32.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi - yes you will need a SA adaptor. We bought them from Myer travel department- you know for the hair dryer, hair straightener, lap top, phone chargers etc etc. I knew we would need 2!

We bought a local sim card from Vodacom (I think it is called) which is right at the airport as you get off the flight. And we just returned it before we boarded our departing flight back.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014),Patsy73  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an idea on power adapters ... buy one and take an Australian powerboard. I bought my adaptor at the chemist.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (23-10-2014),Patsy73  (23-10-2014)