Closed Thread
Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG nooooo Laned!!!! Mine's said that for 4 days now too... Have you tried ringing Fertilty2u to see what they say?? I didn't order mine express either as they said up to 10 days...
    Last edited by mardicharli; 20-10-2014 at 18:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Hope everyone's doing ok. Have been a bit quiet in the last couple of weeks as I was getting a little stressed about our impending trip so decided to take a step away from the thread for a few days. Did anyone else feel a bit overwhelmed before they left?

MrsErin: Sorry to hear you've been in hospital, hope all is going well now.

Hoping4Best: Sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy. Hope you're looking after yourself.

MardiCharli/Laned: Hope the planning ahead of your trips is coming along well and that your missing parcels turn up from the UK soon.

Tittle: Great news on your 12 week scan.

Lisa: Welcome. You'll find the support and information on this thread invaluable. Like one of the other ladies said, I don't think I would have had the courage to go to SA, if I hadn't found this thread. I also used Sunshine and went through my GP (which has been a bit hard because she's clueless about IVF and I think also a bit suspicious/dubious about what I'm doing...don't think bad publicity about Thai IVF clinics has helped in that regard. But she referred me for the scan and given me the prescriptions that she could).

And hello and best wishes to everyone else!

AFM: We're off to SA next Saturday (Nov 1) so it's getting very close now. Accommodation, safari and car hire booked and the rest we're going to sort out when we're there. I started the daily Lucrin injections at the weekend which haven't been too bad (so far!) As advised, I am drinking water like it's going out of fashion to try and ward off the headaches. Stressing big time about the POI injections though as I know they are a completely different ball game, but will cross that bridge when we get to it!
    Last edited by Patsy73; 20-10-2014 at 20:33. Reason: Typing too fast and made a mistake!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (20-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies and gentleman,

Sorry, I've been slack with posts the last couple of weeks, but I have been lurking along. Welcome to the newbies, goodluck to those who are about to embark, best wishes to the ones with buns in the oven, especially MrsErin I hope things are going in th right direction and you're not going out of your mind on bed rest and to those who have had bfns, I'm so sorry.

Laned & Mardicharli, I finally got off my bum and ordered my depot injection last week. I then received an email to complete another form and to authorise a further payment of £35 for a UK Dr to transcribe CFC's script. Mine should leave today although I'm not in a hurry like you girls. I also was told 10 days delivery so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get through customs.

Blinky, I can't believe you've got your plan already, I'm jealous. Although we're going around the same time I don't tthink I'll see my plan until December as my donor is donating in November so I assume they won't be able to do her screening tests until after that. Really, if she's just donated I don't know why they would have to screen her again?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-10-2014),Lisaxxx  (21-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi - i didn't understand why the donor needed to be retested as she had just finished a cycle when we selected her.
    I think I was also a bit more determined (insistent/bossy/demanding ) second time around to get my donor screened with enough time to plan... With our first cycle the testing was all done around Christmas and then our first donor ended up having to have further testing. The end result was that we had to pick another donor as our first choice wasn't suitable. At the time it meant long delays in communication from the clinic and also between donor appointments. Resulting in very little time to book/plan etc. I wasn't really happy with that as it made the situation just that bit more stressful and the cost of our bookings (flights/accommodation etc) more expensive.
    This time I was more intentional in my requests. I asked for screening and treatment plans to be done by the end of Oct. to help with us coordinating leave for work. CFC were happy to oblige

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I've been lurking for a while and have followed most you in your amazing journeys. I hope it's ok for me join you all.

First of all CONGRATS to all the BFPS . I am sure these are exciting times for you. I am so very sorry to all who have had BFNs , this journey is really hard, and I hope you are good to yourselves and heal after this disappointment.

A bit about me. I am 43years, DH is 50. I've had 4 ivf's, 1 was ectopic, 1 was cancelled due to poor response, one was a BFN, the last one this last July was a BFP, but baby stopped growing at 7wks5days. I decided to face the fact that I wasn't going to get success with my eggs and the logical thing was to move to donor eggs.

I am with CFC, my Dr is Dr LR, and we are hoping for our first scan mid January. Like most of you I had a hard time picking a donor, but finally decided on a 24 year old, who has a child, and has not donated before. She is a light smoker, and I am willing to take a chance with her because I searched for a month and didn't find one I was happy with.

We've paid CFC, and will pay the agency tomorrow and then the ball starts rolling. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Faith15

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014),thembs  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Faith15!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask anyone who took the daily Lucrin injections for some advice? There are two black lines at the top of the syringe and I've been using the very top one (ie, top of the plunger) to mark out the dose. Is that correct?
    I'm also a bit worried that I won't have enough. I queried it with Cyndi at CFC and she said it was fine but I've done the maths and if I'm on it for 22 days as she's indicated I'm going to be 0.1ml short (and that's without any wastage). I wonder if I can get some more from CFC if I run out while I'm actually in CT?
    Thanks all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - I can't remember the syringe enough to remember how the markings run but you are right the vial will contain only 21 days of dosage (7 x 0.2 + 14 x 0.1) but from memory I stopped taking it on the day after our first appointment in Cape Town and was left with 0.2 left over.. So I think 19 days in total.. I guess if you have any doubt I would be emailing the nurse again and CCing the doctor in on the email.

Faith - Welcome! We are with Dr LR too, he is great sounds like you will sneak your trip in just before us (our first scan is 28th Jan.) good luck with your donors testing

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith - a big warm welcome to you. I hope your dreams are soon realised.

Patsy - Seems as though the Lucrin is doing all our heads in.

It appears as though my depot injection has now gone MIA!!! I spoke to the pharmacist at Fertility2U and they advised they would likely give me a refund if it doesn't arrive. Tomorrow marks 10 working days!!!

Anyhoooo to add to my confusion and distress, my local FS, the infamous Wazza has today suggested that I start taking the daily Lucrin tomorrow (to be sure that I don't ovulate)?????? So this coupled with the missing depot injection has really sent me into a tail spin. I now wait on CFC's view of this latest suggestion.

As for your question re dosing, I understand that it is as per Blinky's view that from your CD1 administer x 7 days of 0.2ml (20 units) and then 14 days of 0.1 (10 units).

0.2ml x 7 = 1.4 ml; and
    0.1 ml x 14 = 1.4 ml

Therefore totalling 2.8 ml.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thank you for the warm welcome .

Blinky- Thanks. If the clinic approves my dates, i might just sneak my trip in just before yours. Yes Dr Le Roux is great, always replies my emails promptly. I had a dilemma between a 30 year old mother of twins and a 24 year old mom, both first time donors. I emailed and asked for his opinion, which he gave, and it made the decision easier.

AFM - All is paid now. The waiting begins, to hear when my donors testing will be. I am excited and nervous. Hope all goes well. I am asking for an additional test of her AMH. I've asked the sister for the quote and consent form so i can pay, since it has to be paid upfront. So i am waiting for that too.

Best of luck to you all at your various stages.

Faith
    Last edited by faith15; 22-10-2014 at 01:42. Reason: Put Patsy instead of Blinky

17. The Following User Says Thank You to faith15 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (21-10-2014)