Closed Thread
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Bertie - Lynn doesn't charge, but I was her patient prior so that might be why too... She told me she thinks it's a rort if they are charging their patients to 'manage' a donor cycle as it's just really a couple of scripts. Honestly if you can afford it, I'd do it for the piece of mind and you have someone to go to if there are issues etc. and no trouble getting scripts. My GP is great though so I wasn't too nervous. They booked my scan for me just at the local ultrasound place - it was about $300 from memory - you just ask for a pelvic ultrasound to ensure outline if there are any issues etc. it's pretty general.
    It's a bit of a rort, but it's good to have the support of a FS as Seahorse said, especially if you get that positive too because you're so nervous about everything it's good to have someone to get advice from and you're paying them a fee so you don't feel bad about bugging them!

Em x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-10-2014),sophie11  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - I guess it's up to how you are feeling and what your GP is like. If you are nervous or just like the extra support then it is good having someone who knows IVF, but some of us have done so many cycles (I've done 20!!), the extra support isn't that necessary for me. I am very lucky that my FS just happens to be my OB and he will support me in any way I ask as we have been through a lot together over the past 5.5 years!!
    If you aren't sure how you feel, maybe approach your GP first and see how they react and support. If not happy then go for the extra support through your FS. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

I've been a bit quiet of late, sorry, but as always I've been reading along. Welcome to the newbies. You'll find a wealth of information in these threads.

Things have been a bit rough here. I had a big bleed at 19w4d and was admitted to hospital with suspected placenta previa. Turns out that it wasn't PP but rather a subchorionic hematoma. So, I've been placed on bed rest in hospital. Bub is doing fine. Coming up to 2 weeks in hospital now. A scan on Monday showed that it hadn't reduced in size and so I'm hoping to see some improvement at next scan next Monday. I suspect I'll be here a number of weeks though while it hopefully absorbs. The good news is that it isn't huge and its not totally under the placenta, it just touches the placenta at one end.

21w2d today and feeling lots of movement. I have so much time on my hands that I laid here video-recording my belly today :-).

X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (18-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Erin, how frightening for you. I too had a big bleed at 17.5 weeks and my scan at 20 weeks showed a large haematoma. Be sure to rest up and take care of yourself and the belly bean. Thinking of you Hun. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - that's the awesome Wazza to a T. Gotta love that man

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone on your advice. I have an appointment with my GP in 3 weeks time and will lay it out for her and see. By that stage I'll be in the middle of my TWW so hopefully I won't be needing to plan for SA :-)) But realistic me, says start organising.

Mrs Erin.... how very scary what you are experiencing. Just as bad must be "living" in hospital.... I can't imagine being in hospital for so long - hope you have some good books with you, and of course, good internet access to Bubhub :-) Hope everything goes well from now on. What are they saying the prognosis is - will you be allowed home at some stage?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 17-10-2014 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Erin R I had the same thing a sub chronic haematoma at 10weeks and had it till 20 weeks with quite a bit of bleeding. I delivered a very healthy little boy at 38 weeks last December. The bed rest is all worth it!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin- sorry to hear you are in hospital. it must have been very scary at first. I'm glad they seem to have it under control. I hope the bleeding stops soon and you can get home and relax. Bub sounds very active though!

MGCBertie - good luck for your upcoming FET. Hopefully you won't even need to go down the DE path.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGCBertie - sorry I meant the DE (South Africa) path. I know you FET is with your sisters eggs - good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the girls having ordered from the UK pharmacy. Still haven't received the Lucrin (Prostap) depot yet. Hoping it arrives Monday!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (18-10-2014)