Closed Thread
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Williteverhappen - we arrive in CT on 20th Nov and leave on the 2nd December . Was originally aiming for earlier in November but happy to have some dates and plane tickets! And scored well with them thankfully. A travel agent got all 3 of us return tickets for $5100. We couldn't find much on the web under $6000 and that was for very long flights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Jiks & KLM I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I really hope you keep the faith & try again, its really hard though especially in times like this xo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jiks and KLM - big hugs xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardicharli - Sounds like we are will be doing a high five in the air as we fly out of CT on the 19th and you arrive on the 20th. Not to worry, I'm glad you got your treatment plan and flights at a reasonable price. Hope you found some nice accom and good luck with your cycle xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, please tell me if I'm stupid or not.....I've just accepted a posting in China from 26 November - 10 December which is pretty much directly after we get back from CT (we get home on the 20th November). It's a great opportunity for me and I assume I will pretty much find out whether the cycle is successful just before flying out. I figure it will either be a good distraction from a BFN (although would have to leave DH at home on his own ) or alternatively a good distraction while waiting for a 6 week scan.

What do you all think, am I crazy? Surely if it is a BFP, using a young egg will mean it will be able to survive the additional travel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @williteverhappen if you have good medical support while you're there it shouldn't be a problem. I had a big early bleed etc. when I arrived back and was very glad to be home during all of that caper, I was also on bedrest for 10 days. On the other hand, many others have no issues with a BFP so it's kinda catch 22.
    Em x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

williteverhappen  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Seahorse1 and @emski72. It will be quite an active couple of weeks in China with various meetings and travelling between Shanghi and Beijing so I'm not sure that I will have good medical support .

Murphy's Law would suggest that if I turn down this opportunity in case I get pregnant I'll end up with a BFN so I guess i'll just need to cross that bridge when I come to it and manage the situation as best I can. So glad your pregnancy is going along well apart from the gestational diabetes. How was your birth class?
    @Seahorse1 the wait until your scan is agony but for my only BFP it was at 6 weeks so I didn't have to wait as long, maybe you can convince them to go earlier? As for blood tests, I'm sure you'll be fine but if its really worrying you I know some of the others girls have done a bit of doctor shopping to get additional BETAs. Apparently this is naughty but after what you have been through I think you're entitled to be a bit naughty x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @williteverhappen - what an amazing opportunity you have been given! But such a tough choice too...
    Have you been to China before ?
    I went a few years ago and absolutely LOVED it (apart from the constant sight of people spitting)
    I would think if you are splitting your time between Beijing and Shanghai you should be ok, should you need medical advise. However you may have to consider costs that might be associated as I don't think travel insurance will cover it ?
    For me I would be more worried by my DH having to be on his own should you be faced with a BFN just prior to departure. Is he a fairly resilient sort of guy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Blinky76. Yes, fortunately DH is quite resilient and in his words he told me to "go for it". Basically he said he willbe devastated with a BFN whether I'm home or not so there is no point missing out on an opportunity as well, particularly to go somewhere I've never been before its just a shame he can't come with me! I've been looking forward to CT for ages but its nice to look forward to something else as well AND to be able to talk about that trip. We are keeping CT to ourselves and I always find it hard to find things to talk to my friends and family about when everyone else has children. There is only so many times I can say how busy I am juggling work and uni! At least I can talk about China when I see everyone at Christmas time :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhh jiks and KLM, that is just not fair... after all you have been through...

have you spoken to your doctors about more blood, genetic testing? My fs recently asked my dh to have a blood test for thalasseamia as he is South American and this blood issue has an affect on fertility... After years of IVF, this has only come up now... My fs asked for the donor to be tested as well...

Your miracle is around the corner - it will be something small that clicks with your fs and you will be pregnant and think why was this not discovered earlier... ask for everything possible - don't worry if it seems minor...

big hugs...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (06-10-2014)