Closed Thread
Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to Makeba, Seahorse and everybody else that has had good news lately & a heartfelt sorry to those with not so good news.
    Also hi to the ladies who are waiting for their turn, I am in the same boat. My lovely donor had her blood tests and screening about a week & a half ago and I've received my provisional dates, which I was told my donor is more than happy with. We arrive in Cape Town on the 9th November. All so exciting although i'm actually more impatient than anything. I have to try to relax and remember to use this time to do things like drink more water, exercise more and give up on all the chocolate and soft drinks I drink every now and then. I'm struggling to cut back on my tea's though.
    Can any of you who've been to cape town how do you go about getting a sim card - do you buy it here before you go or get it while you're there?
    Also, with Sanbona - Did you pre-book before you left or did you buy a ticket once over there? The cost of the overnight stay in the lodges are quite expensive! I hope it's possible to do just one night stay.

Also, I don't know if any of you watch the Bachelor on channel 10, but the final two episodes are filmed in Cape Town. They show the Bachie going on dates with the girls, on things like Safari, hot air ballooning (I think) and whale watching amongst other things. so might be a good idea to watch it even if you don't usually watch it. I watch it & I think Sam will win.
    Last edited by Hope for all; 28-09-2014 at 19:55. Reason: accidently typed work instead of water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm addicted to the bachelor! I pick Sam too

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope for all - just thought I would swing in to answer your Sim q'n.
    I used a 'travel sim' sold to me by a travel agent. You can preload it with credit here and online etc. I found it good for phone calls (although a little confusing as when you dial a number to call someone it then 'calls' you to answer it).
    A travelling companion (family member ) got a Vodafone sim at Cape Town airport . His was much easier to use, had cheaper call rates and included WiFi charge.
    There are two Vodafone outlets - one in arrivals hall and one downstairs around the corner of the food court area.
    For our next visit we will just get a Vodafone sim at Cape Town airport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big congrats Makeba. So great to be hearing some more BFP's here! I hope there are more to come.

Hope for all, I got a Vodafone Sim. It was really easy to organize. I actually booked it before I left and it was just there waiting for me when I arrived. It wasn't very expensive and I found it much more reliable than 'travel SIMs' that I've used in previous travels.

Seahorse1, I have 2 vials of Gestone that you're welcome to have if you want. I'm in Melbourne. PM me if you're interested.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This might be useful for anyone travelling to SA with children...

Revised Entry and Exit Rules for South Africa Postponed

18 Sep 2014

South Africa has revised the entry and exit rules for those travelling with children. The South African Department of Home Affairs has advised the new rules are to protect children from trafficking, abduction and kidnapping. The implementation of these new rules has been postponed until 1 June 2015.
    The new rules will apply from 1 June 2015 and are applicable to all children under 18 years old:
    • Those travelling into or out of South Africa with children may be asked to produce unabridged birth certificates reflecting the details of both parents/guardians, as well as a valid passport for each child.
    • This requirement applies even when both parents/guardians are travelling with their children.
    • Where only one parent/guardian is accompanying, they may be asked to produce parental or legal consent for each child to travel, such as an affidavit from the other parent, a court order or – if applicable – a death certificate.
    • There are additional requirements for children travelling unaccompanied or with adults who are not their parents/gurdians.
    Further information on entry and exit requirements can be found via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
    Full details of the new rules can be found via the following link: South African Department of Home Affairs

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (30-09-2014),laned  (29-09-2014),mardicharli  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - thanks for the info re Vodaphone shops in airport. Last time we purchased one in Joburg, but at the airport will be much easier. You are now another step closer.

Hope - welcome and it's great to see you will also be there in November. It will be here before we know it.

Jiks - Sorry I meant to post thati couldn't help re seafood, I'm a vegetarian, so didn't have to think about it. That said, I found it easier to just avoid anything I wasn't sure of, as the after worry just wasn't worth it. hope you are doing well. Xx

KLM - thinking of you. Xx

Patsy - thank you for the info re travelling with children. I must say I wasn't really wanting to cart DS's birth cert for fear I'd loose it!!

We have decided to stay in the hotel/apartment Protea North Wharf we stayed in last time, albeit the rate this time is significantly higher. We are familiar with it, it has a good layout for the little tornado known as William and it has a restaurant on site with room service, plus and amazing pizza shop next door and a trendy food market across the road. That said, hoping the booking goes to plan we used Otel.com, has anyone else used this company to book?

furthermore, for the ladies who have ordered Lucrin depot from the international pharmacy.

1. How long did it take to arrive? and
    2. What was the cost.

Thanks All

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    Just sitting here on the hunt for somewhere to stay for the second part of our trip (we're staying in the cottage in Claremont that was recommended by a couple of you for the first week which I'm quite happy about...it's on the ground floor and has a pool that my little boy will love). A lot of the self-catering accommodation I've looked at does seem to be booked out, though, but trying not to panic yet...

We're going to be in CT from November 2 to 19, btw, so hoping we can meet up with some of the November ladies. (MardiCharli: have you had your treatment plan, yet?)

A quick question, if I may...I've decided to go for the daily Lucrin injections (mostly because my GP could do the prescription.) Do they come with the syringes/needles/swabs or do I need to buy those separately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - my daily Lucrin came with syringes and swabs but I need more than what the box contained.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy73, Myheart & Mardicharli- I've PM'd you all to try and organise a catch up with all the November ladies. If you didn't get it please let me know. At this stage we are looking at an early dinner on the 18th, will you be there then? Laned will be there and I'm just awaiting confirmation from Hopeforall. Gee whiz there could be a lot of us I'll definitely need to book!
    Last edited by williteverhappen; 29-09-2014 at 20:35.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

laned  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned, I'm ordering my depot injection next week. Fertility2u have quoted me £93.35 + £45 delivery. It works out to be approximately $260. They say delivery takes 10 days and they will only accept prescriptions directly from your Dr, so you'll have to arrange for CFC to email it to them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

laned  (29-09-2014),mardicharli  (30-09-2014)