Closed Thread
Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Congrats to all the BFPS recently. I have a bit of reading to do as I have been staying away from Forums and Dr Google!
    I've been MIA as our lead up to CPT (3rd trip) was stressful due to lining issues.. we were due to travel over in April and June with both trips cancelled within hours of departure due to lining issues I was having. Eventually we travelled over in July for 6 days, we had our 12 embryos PGD before arrival and only 3 were viable. This time around we chose to transfer 1 embie and we finally fell pregnant. Currently 14 weeks and still can't believe it!! We haven't told friends as yet as we are still nervous nellies.... For the first 6 weeks I was having weekly blood tests ( going to different doctors!!) and now having scans every couple of weeks for reassurance.

For those that are heading over to CPT in the coming months good luck..for those that are having to return again, one thing I did before going back was to get my immune system checked out and I have been consulting with Prof Matthias in Sydney who has been fantastic. I believe his protocol got us our positive pregnancy. I am still on some of the immune medication and will be retested in a couple of weeks.

Laned I bought extra Gestone in CPT, I had read on one of the earlier forums to do this as its cheaper in CPT. I also had to supplement Gestone with extra progesterone pessaries from week 7 when I had a little bleed.

For those of you heading to CPT in the coming weeks/ months all the very best. You will love CPT! We are so looking forward to returning to CPT one day soon.

M x

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

laned  (28-09-2014),mardicharli  (27-09-2014),Patsy73  (28-09-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (28-09-2014),Sunflower11  (28-09-2014),thembs  (27-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeba View Post
    Hi everyone,

Congrats to all the BFPS recently. I have a bit of reading to do as I have been staying away from Forums and Dr Google!
    I've been MIA as our lead up to CPT (3rd trip) was stressful due to lining issues.. we were due to travel over in April and June with both trips cancelled within hours of departure due to lining issues I was having. Eventually we travelled over in July for 6 days, we had our 12 embryos PGD before arrival and only 3 were viable. This time around we chose to transfer 1 embie and we finally fell pregnant. Currently 14 weeks and still can't believe it!! We haven't told friends as yet as we are still nervous nellies.... For the first 6 weeks I was having weekly blood tests ( going to different doctors!!) and now having scans every couple of weeks for reassurance.

For those that are heading over to CPT in the coming months good luck..for those that are having to return again, one thing I did before going back was to get my immune system checked out and I have been consulting with Prof Matthias in Sydney who has been fantastic. I believe his protocol got us our positive pregnancy. I am still on some of the immune medication and will be retested in a couple of weeks.

Laned I bought extra Gestone in CPT, I had read on one of the earlier forums to do this as its cheaper in CPT. I also had to supplement Gestone with extra progesterone pessaries from week 7 when I had a little bleed.

For those of you heading to CPT in the coming weeks/ months all the very best. You will love CPT! We are so looking forward to returning to CPT one day soon.

M x
    Oh Makeba! I wondered how you were going! Congratulations!!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a Thot, @seahorse can't you get some of the ladies leaving for CPT from your neck of the woods to get it for you and then post to you on their return? Or would it be too late?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!! Makeba, huge congratulations!! Roll on BFP. This is so exciting!

Seahorse- I think I have some left over gestone. I'll let you know tomorrow how much I've got but may not be 17. It should make a difference though, I hope.

Thembs

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Makeba - you have made my day and my eyes water Thank you so much for letting us all know and congratulations Hun. You are so very deserving. Your bubba has one bloody strong mumma. Bugger, I can't insert emoticons on the iPhone app.

Thank you all for advise re gestone. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Makeba, a huge congratulations to you Now it's time to relax and enjoy your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations seashore and makeba, what fantastic news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse and Makeba: Many congratulations on your news. So pleased for you both.

KLM and Jiks: fingers crossed for you both!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (28-09-2014),KLM0511  (28-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba - fantastic
    We kept it quiet for at least 20 weeks I well understand how you feel - I'm totally fat but still can't believe it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Makeba! Sounds like you have been through such a stressful time. So happy for you to finally get there. Such positive news on this forum lately!!