Closed Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KLM. I can highly recommend Sanbona. I'm sure a couple of ladies also went there. Amazing luxury and the game drives were spectacular. Expensive but worth every single cent. Dr W actually recommends it to clients as the best park in CT area though by the time we saw him we had already been as recommended by the fixer in CT we were using to book a lot of stuff for us when planning our trip. Having said that I think there are 2 or 3 others previous ladies have also recommended...I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Check out trip advisor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks MissLeo! Yes i have been reading through trip advisor and all the reviews for Sanbona are great. Thanks for the feedback. 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew, I finally, finally got thru all of the posts going all the way to the very start of thread #1. There is so much valuable information and so many highs and lows from so many amazing women it's quite a read! I told Dh I want him to read them as well!

Thank you Jodi for starting this and to the rest of you for sharing so openly and honestly your experiences! I highly recommend all the newbies take the time to read every thread and every post. It takes a long time but is so helpful that I may even go back and re-read everything again a second time to make sure I captured everything!

DH & I want to get this process going as soon as possible but we are struggling to find a donor which is frustrating. Fingers crossed that we soon find the amazing woman who will help us to make our dream of becoming a mom and dad a reality!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin

Sorry about the belated congrats - really pleased for you

Just trying to catch up - apologies if I have missed any more good news stories

I have been getting one flu bug after another, plus a fall which really put the wind up me - - all good though thank goodness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thembs - great news - belated congrats to you too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

thembs  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck CAMom - everything is here - you just have to dig it out. If you can't find it - just ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, does anyone know why CFC prefer Crinone to regular progesterone pessaries?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin , not sure. I was given gestone injections, but then switched to pessaries, which i hate, its too messy, i would prefer injections. My FS said that i cannot get gestone in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ejj87 - Hope you bounce back quickly. I hate getting colds....just got over one.

CAmom- As EDSA and CFC are 'linked', I didn't have any problems getting the results of previous donations for my donor...they even went into such detail as the number of eggs collected, how many fertilised etc etc, how many and quality at day 3, how many and quality by day 5 etc etc (but every donation can be different due to the sperm factor). One thing that you should always ask is did the previous pregnancy/ies result in live births....some agencies will say their donor is a proven donor and what they mean by that is that the recipient may have had an initial positive result, however, for what ever reason the pregnancy did not continue. Communication with CFC - Once you decide on a doctor, address all emails to the IVF Coordinator and cc in the doctor. Reading all those posts was well done, I bet you get a real 'feel' for egg donations, in particular CFC....I bet your trip cant come quick enough now!

JoJoD - I think my embie did the same...we had booked a trip to the Cape which was a bumpy ride, but he held on!!

KLM - We thought that a safari maybe just a bit too rough after a transfer, so we got our safari (and cage diving) in prior to transfer. Having said that, we booked a tour that took us down to the cape....the majority of the trip was on roads, however, the point is in a national park and therefor a little bumpy...I worried but to be honest it wasn't that bad. We had 4 appointments with Dr W...1. First scan - 2. DP sperm 'deposit' - 3. Intrilipid Infustion - 4. Transfer. After transfer, Dr W told us to take it easy for the rest of the day and then get up the next day and live life as normal....so we did. He even told me to go enjoy a couple of glasses of red wine with lunch and dinner over a couple of days and then none for the next 9 months!!! Vegemite? - its been with me on every trip. I actually took 2 tubes of vegemite with me (no hassles at customs at all)....one for me and one for a friend now living in Cape Town. Although it is cheap enough to eat out quite often, we stayed in a self contained unit and vegemite toast was so valuable on those VERY early morning tours....eg, eating vegemite toast at 4am before our trip down to Gaansbai for cage diving. So don't be embarrassed....in my books, its a must!! CAmom - have you heard of our vegemite????

GirlFromSydney - Twice the fun...congratulations. Yuck about the morning sickness though.

MrsErin - I hear the garden route is spectacular...we didn't get there, but its on my agenda for bub 2. Fabulous beta....your on your way, CONGRATS. Crinone v's pessaries....I did Gestone instead of pessaries or crinone and stayed on Gestone until the recommended 11 weeks.

Blinky - Vegemite, vegemite, vegemite...Oi, Oi, Oi!!! I do know someone that did a double donor cycle, but I cant really remember if she went public about it on this forum. I will see if she can provide you with some info if you like.

Tittle - I hope you are feeling much better. Gosh, its not long for you at all...I remember with much fondness that it is almost a year ago that we set off for Cape Town - 13 July 2013....the best decision of our lives. How wonderful that your donor sent you a message....what a beautiful gesture.

Thembs - CONGRATULATIONS.....really happy for you. Enjoy that warm weather.

January - Will definitely catch up if you come over...you will definitely have a belly on you then...cant wait to see you.

Sunflower - Congrats on twins...how beautiful. I remember my tears of joy seeing and hearing the heartbeat for the first time....it happens again when you hear them cry at birth...I cried my eyes out.

Feather - 14 weeks already...wow, it is going quick...does it feel quick for you? I ended up going public at work at 14 or 15 weeks, as I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I got a bit superstitious....thought that if I went public, I would end up putting the 'mocker' on myself and something may go wrong. I didn't change my signature block until 5 1/2 months!

Luca, Emski, Missleo, Net -
    Last edited by Sunny15; 24-06-2014 at 21:23.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (25-06-2014),ejj87  (26-06-2014),January  (02-07-2014),KLM0511  (24-06-2014),Sunflower11  (25-06-2014),thembs  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Cloggy how are you going?
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110