Closed Thread
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jiks and KLM: Good luck to both of you, have everything crossed.
    Seahorse: Fingers crossed for a BFP.
    AFM: I booked the flights but haven't done anything else for a week because I've been so busy, must get on to the accommodation. I'm thinking of staying in a cottage in Claremont for the first week - so we're close to the clinic and don't have to stress about getting there for the scan/DH's drop off - and then move to somewhere like Camps Bay/Waterfront when we're a bit more up to speed with the city.
    Has anyone got on thoughts on where to stay? Think we're going to go self-catering because it's easier with our son... Can't believe we'll be going in six weeks...
    Hello to all!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Check out Molento cottage Patsy, it's one streetfrom CFC and looked very secure. Its where I'll stay when I go back.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em- did you mean Molteno cottage? 😊
    That's where we stayed too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah that's it- the owner was lovely but it was booked out when we were there... I did a drive by to check it out in case I had to return. I'll stay there if I can for my frostie trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Patsy73
    We are also off to CT in about 6 weeks! I have booked a week in the city and then a week at the beach. In fact for the second week I have booked 2 places at no deposit and free cancellation through booking.com. I plan on getting there and checking out both places during the first week and picking which one I like best. There are loads of places that let you cancel for free so if you're indecisive like me it might be worth considering this option too. All the best of luck for your cycle.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy73 View Post
    Jiks and KLM: Good luck to both of you, have everything crossed.
    Seahorse: Fingers crossed for a BFP.
    AFM: I booked the flights but haven't done anything else for a week because I've been so busy, must get on to the accommodation. I'm thinking of staying in a cottage in Claremont for the first week - so we're close to the clinic and don't have to stress about getting there for the scan/DH's drop off - and then move to somewhere like Camps Bay/Waterfront when we're a bit more up to speed with the city.
    Has anyone got on thoughts on where to stay? Think we're going to go self-catering because it's easier with our son... Can't believe we'll be going in six weeks...
    Hello to all!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go KLM!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-09-2014),laned  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Jiks! Enjoy the whales x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WillItEverHappen: Thanks for that advice re accommodation, seems like a good plan! Hopefully our paths will cross!

Emski and Thembs: Molteno looks super cute, have emailed the owner to check out availability and also to see if it's suitable for our son, as well, and have also come across a few similar properties as well so hopefully we'll book something this week!

One last question, is Claremont far from everything if you haven't got a car? We're just wondering whether we need to book a car for the whole trip or just some of the time...
    Thanks as always to everyone, the advice here is invaluable!
    Last edited by Patsy73; 22-09-2014 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Patsy, I personally would stay in Camps Bay/waterfront area and either hire a car or catch a taxi to Claremont when you need to go there. There is so much to do around the city/waterfront area. I found Claremont to be a bit suburban for me. I love being close to everything. We found an apartment on air bnb in Camps Bay and it was fabulous! I really only went to the clinic 3 or so times during my trip and I had a very reliable driver take me there each time (approx 25 minute trip). Best of luck to all the girls on their way to CT for treatment. It was the best thing we ever did after a long and harrowing IVF nightmare (our gorgeous little boy born Xmas 2013!)

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emski,
    Sorry I forgot to reply to your question. Actually I have no idea and forgot to ask. Dr Wiswiedel told me there were two - one was really good and the other was 'so so". To be honest I just said ok. In hindsight I should have asked if they kept thawing till they found the best two, but silly me didn't.

Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Good luck KLM! This has GOT to be it x by the way, am curious, did you get 100% thaw rate?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app