Closed Thread
Page 66 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MCG - So sorry Hun. I hope you can find peace with a decision either way soon. Xx

Seahorse - thinking of you.

Jiks - all sounds very very promising.

KLM - I ended up trying to take meds on Aus time but adjusted an hour everyday for the 2 weeks we were there to bring it back on track. Hope that makes sense. Not long to go now Hun

Jodie - I often think of you and you hold one very special place in this family's heart. Without you and this thread, I honestly don't know whether I would have had the courage to go to SA.

Thanks to all the other girls about info on frozen v fresh discussion. It will certainly something I may be raising with CFC. I am hoping like crazy that my body will be ready (granted the Graves), but we will be using DH's frozen sperm and he will be staying at home with our little guy. So I shall keep you all posted as to the options I am given.

As as for our progress, after a huge amount of stress we settled on a donor. It took many attempts to have Glenda from Donorlife to finally answer emails and provide full contact details and this got me very nervous, so we settled with what we knew and returned to Baby2mom.

I have noted before, that we used Baby2mom previously. I have also noted that Jenny was very responsive and helpful up to the donor's EPU, however we did not hear anything from her thereafter. Like RB, at the time, I found this very difficult to deal with.

That said, I have found the lack of communication from Donorlife at first instance prior to any dealings more concerning and ironically in comparison I have this time round found much comfort in Jenny's business approach. Baby2mom had a donor who most resembled my characteristics and again leading up to process Jenny has been very efficient and quick to respond to all forms of communication. In fact she has been the most efficient with communication and we have even had a Skype meeting. Whilst, I am hoping this continues, at least this time it won't be a surprise if it doesn't.

it's weird, but this time, I don't feel as confident with my choice or my chances. Some of you may be thinking, well then 'WHY GO???' Answer = So much has happened and it is as though this feels like it is a now or never moment. Furthermore, maybe it is my way of preparing myself in the event all doesn't work out. Funny, it's a feeling that I have gladly not had to experience for over 2 years now.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (17-09-2014),KLM0511  (17-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (18-09-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (18-09-2014),williteverhappen  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ianed and Blinky...

i know now how you both feel and I thank you for expressing your feelings in words. I feel some reassurance that I am not alone with these kind of thoughts though I wish upon all of us not having to feel these feelings!!!

We were only in SA a little over a month ago but it feels like a year since we got the dreaded BFN. I think the hardest part is I was so full of hope. Bursting over I might add. I have never been more positive, hopeful, relaxed and absolutely sure it was going to happen for us. Even though we had a 3 day transfer I kept telling myself it just takes one... I was even sure I felt the implantation, I had twinges and cramps. But it was not meant to be.

Now in trying to plan a return trip it seems like such a labor. A whole new fresh cycle. So overwhelming. The poignant and powerful words of one of you smart women are keeping me moving forward (forgive me I am not giving you credit but I will look back after I post this) is:

IF YOU DO NOTHING, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO CHAnGE YOUR DESTINY!

Sorry everyone I am still bathing in self pity but I still believe it can happen thanks to all of you with BFP's!!!!!

And a huge congratulations to the mothers and fathers to be

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baby dreamer For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (19-09-2014),laned  (19-09-2014),Luca  (20-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (18-09-2014),williteverhappen  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski and GirlfromSydney.... thanks very much for your responses in regards to CFC freezing all (in case of emergency). For us, of course, we have to use donor sperm in anycase, so kind of consoling now I can just put that thought in the back of my mind and not worry about that. Still trying to decide what to do, trying to work out dates, plus DH booked us a lovely overseas holiday which falls exactly when the next FET would be, so we're definitely not doing a back-to-back this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. KLM you should be in Capetown now. Hope it all goes well. For those getting ready to come here, this is wishing you safe travels.
    Afm, 13 eggs retrieved, 8 fertlised, so we know on Sat if it will be a day 5 transfer. Hopefully it would be. I must say I did feel a bit down as I Thot we would get at least 10 fertilised.

A question for those ladies who have been to Capetown before, have any of you gone whale watching? And how much did it cost? Saw an offer for 2000 rands for a day return trip, not sure if that's a bargain. Thanks.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jiks, yes I'm here. Just arrived and haven't slept heading to bed now.

That is still a great number of fertilised eggs! Don't worry.

We did whale watching and I think we got ripped off but it was very nice - private driver took us down to Hermanus which is where they say is the best Whale watching. Is that where it is in your offer?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (19-09-2014),laned  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Jiks, that's pretty normal from all my reading of threads... I got 12, 6 were still going on day 5 (I didn't ask for updates, just wanted to relax) 2 transfered, 2 to freeze. Enjoy your time in CPT!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (19-09-2014),laned  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    KLM just curious, what did you put on your incoming immigration form as your reason for visiting? I was wondering what you'd put for 2-4 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski, I put "other" as holiday is unlikely and I don't know anyone here to put "visiting relatives or friends".
    The customs guy in Sydney asked why just 3 days and so I said I had a medical appointment. He then said "what!!! In Sth Africa?!!!" So I said its fertility treatment. He kept going on about it saying "why can't you do that here? My wife has done all that" I snapped back at him saying well this is different! That's where my doctor has sent me! And I think he then realised he crossed the line. What an *******!!
    They didn't ask me anything in Johannesberg when I arrived - just how many days, then stamped passport and I went through.
    I didn't bother with checked in luggage, just carry on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    Hi Emski, I put "other" as holiday is unlikely and I don't know anyone here to put "visiting relatives or friends".
    The customs guy in Sydney asked why just 3 days and so I said I had a medical appointment. He then said "what!!! In Sth Africa?!!!" So I said its fertility treatment. He kept going on about it saying "why can't you do that here? My wife has done all that" I snapped back at him saying well this is different! That's where my doctor has sent me! And I think he then realised he crossed the line. What an *******!!
    They didn't ask me anything in Johannesberg when I arrived - just how many days, then stamped passport and I went through.
    I didn't bother with checked in luggage, just carry on.
    Thanks - I was wondering if the would query it, I'm likely going to have to do it next year.
    Em x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Yep KLM it is the same one. How much did you pay? Good luck with your FET. I'm keeping all crossed for a 5 day transfer.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (26-09-2014)