Closed Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,
    MGC Bertie, sorry to hear your latest results. I agree with Emski, maybe give SA a try for the next one. I'm heading back on Thurs for my second try.

Question for those that have been over already and were on injections of some type. I have been told by my FS here to follow AUS time on the way over and when I get there to just bring the dosage forward to adjust it to SA time. So currently I am taking Gestone at 8pm, my flight is at 9:30am, so I would do the needle before getting off the flight, but wondering what SA time I should do the next one - guessing maybe in the morning, as if I wait till 8pm SA time it will be too long.
    What are your thoughts? What have some of you done?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone, sending you beautiful ladies loads of love from SA. @MGC Bertie so sorry to hear your news. .

Afm, had My linnig scan today and it was 8.2, which isn't bad. So all good. Finally met Dr Heylen, nice man. My donor heard is doing well and lots of eggs looking good and egg collection booked for morrow. Praying all goes well, so scared, had so many disappointments its so hard to be excited. So just keeping everything crossed. @klm, you are next., wishing everyone all the best too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JodieW - we have decided to go back to SA next year to try for another bub. We definitely won't be using baby2mom again. I personally feel your comment about "spruiking business" is entirely right. I felt Jenny was lovely - up until we were into the really hard stuff, when I really needed her support I felt I didn't have it and was left feeling that it was all very much just a business for her. While some people may be able to accept that, we could not. When we arrived in SA there had only been 3 people I had ever had communication with, the DR, his assistant and Jenny. When our cycle all went bad, she was just so cold and "oh well" for us her attitude was not satisfactory and quite frankly utterly disgusting.

Our frozen donor came from Giftovlife whom funnily enough my very first conversations were with when I first started looking into SA as an option via this forum. I'm not sure if our frozen donor has any more eggs on the freezer, but I am going to email Dr LR this week to find out how we could possibly go about using them again if there are any - as we would like a sibling for our gorgeous little man and his big sister. Given that my daughter is from my first marriage and our son is via the frozen donor, we would love to keep our little boy and another potential baby biologically related if we can. I have absolutely no idea if this is possible, but will start looking into it. Not sure if this donor could even donate again if we had to do a fresh cycle as her donations prior to ours had already resulted in a couple of pregnancies and there was still one awaiting the test results while we were there. So who knows? Oh well... the journey continues.

Thank you for the info on immigration changes in SA. I wonder why the laws have changed? This would definitely effect us as I would need permission from my daughters biological father in order for her to come back with us.

RB xx

Quote Originally Posted by JodiW View Post
    Hi all
    I've just seen that I had another PM asking why I won't use baby2mom, in the hope that this explanation will come up along with my statement, so as to stop people from freaking out, Jenny came onto this thread spruiking for business. It made everyone feel uncomfortable. I for one would not use her because of this. I found it to be rather insensitive.

I started this thread to give hope and support to those who had struggled and perhaps were unaware of the donor option. Not for agencies to come and target us.

As you all know, I am unfortunately at the end of my journey, I had to reluctantly give up, Im still not ok with it, however, Im lucky, I got my boy out of my first attempt. Whilst Im still very sensitive to my failure, which is the main reason I do not follow this thread anymore, I do wish you all the very best of luck and plenty of baby dust and a huge congratulations to all that have their BFPs and their new bubs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - I think it will all depend on when your first Gestone injection is with the clinic. I dont remember it being "time specific" to the hour though - as my husband used to give me the injections every morning in SA and then every morning when we arrived home to Australia. Check with the CFC, but I don't think timing is crucial for the Gestone to the hour/minute as it is with some of the IVF drugs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM- the nurse at CFC told me it doesn't matter what time you do the gestone injection as long as you have one dose a day. So I took mine at different times usually at night then anytime in the morning when we got back.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thembs For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-09-2014),laned  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM0511, as long as your injections within 24 hrs. I was doing shots in the morning in SA, but when we came back it was easier for me7hubby to do them before bed time, so one day i did 1 in the mornign and 1 before bed time and kept them for the rest of the 7 weeks before bed time. It was just easier for my hubby.
    Good luck

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-09-2014),laned  (17-09-2014),Patsy73  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, hope you're all going well and hanging in there. I'm still mulling over how many embies to transfer (assuming I have a choice). Can I ask, for those that have gone over to SA, how many you've transferred? I don't doubt that this is very much an individual thing and I will talk to the doctors as well to get their advice. I'm worried that 2 might lead to problems, but if we do 1, it's such a long way to go if it doesn't take... if only we had that crystal ball. I'm also wondering though, if we get over there and something goes wrong and we don't get any eggs - is there an option to get a frozen egg? That's what I'm gathering from some of the posts, but I'm not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hoping4best.... yes, CFC has a back-up egg bank from extra eggs that previous recipients donated. I believe that recipients can choose to donate extra eggs over 12 if they want to, and certainly there's a number of women on here who have had to use them.

I sort of have the opposite question - if you pay for the donor and CFC costs etc, start the process etc and then at the last minute can't go (e.g. some medical issue), will they still continue to EPU and then freeze the eggs / embryos for you to come another time for FET? Totally hypothetical, but just some craziness going through my head.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Hoping4best  (20-09-2014),laned  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think thats an absolute last resort Bertie, they prefer a fresh cycle. In my research I've only heard of them doing it once, due to no visa clearance in time for EPU. And if my memory serves me correctly that was a donor sperm cycle so the sperm was in SA.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, at some point when we already started the process and donor agreed on certain month and she was booked for another cycle, i thought i was not able to go for fresh cycle, they said that my husband can fly over to give his sperm and they can freeze embryos as its much better then to freeze just eggs and i would come later for just frozen embryo transfer. In our situation we were able to come together and do a fresh cycle, but think of this option, i think its much better.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (18-09-2014)