Closed Thread
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes excellent result Seahorse!!
    Good luck with the fertilisation!

mardicharli fingers crossed this christmas is your best!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amazing result Seahorse! Wishing you all the best with the rest of the journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle, very sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. Hope all goes well with your other baby.
    Seahorse, that's excellent results! gives me something to look forward to for my journey, hope I get as lucky as you.

can I just ask roughly how many days did you all stay in SA for? did you stay the whole 12 days they recommend or did you stay less/more? is 12 days definitely required for the whole thing? Just wanted to plan ahead and have a think about what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cape Town in November

Hi girls, Its so nice to read all your posts about egg donation. It makes me feel as though Im not alone and your questions are exactly the same as mine.
    Like all of you I have had 6 years of heartache including 4 yrs IVF - 10 unsuccessful cycles including 4 miscarriages - 2x empty sac, 2x no heartbeat at 8 week scan. Im 39 and so scared of having another mc that we dont want to use our last frosty in freezer so we have decided on egg donation at CFC in November.
    My Dr hasnt been very forthcoming with prescribing the medication and it was even a push to get her to approve the required blood tests. My IVF clinic has left has feeling somewhat lonely after not wanting anything to do with OS egg donation. Im feeling a little overwhelmed with the organisation but starting to feel excited about a new sense of hope.
    I wish you all luck on your journeys!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mishybum For This Useful Post:

laned  (12-09-2014),mardicharli  (10-09-2014),pinkshootingstar  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope for all View Post
    Tittle, very sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. Hope all goes well with your other baby.
    Seahorse, that's excellent results! gives me something to look forward to for my journey, hope I get as lucky as you.

can I just ask roughly how many days did you all stay in SA for? did you stay the whole 12 days they recommend or did you stay less/more? is 12 days definitely required for the whole thing? Just wanted to plan ahead and have a think about what to do.
    We stayed the full 12 days in case the donor had to stim longer, better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mishybum View Post
    Hi girls, Its so nice to read all your posts about egg donation. It makes me feel as though Im not alone and your questions are exactly the same as mine.
    Like all of you I have had 6 years of heartache including 4 yrs IVF - 10 unsuccessful cycles including 4 miscarriages - 2x empty sac, 2x no heartbeat at 8 week scan. Im 39 and so scared of having another mc that we dont want to use our last frosty in freezer so we have decided on egg donation at CFC in November.
    My Dr hasnt been very forthcoming with prescribing the medication and it was even a push to get her to approve the required blood tests. My IVF clinic has left has feeling somewhat lonely after not wanting anything to do with OS egg donation. Im feeling a little overwhelmed with the organisation but starting to feel excited about a new sense of hope.
    I wish you all luck on your journeys!
    Hi Mishy, Welcome! Sorry to hear you're having issues getting your cycle organised. You can always use the international pharmacy for meds or fertility2u.
    You'll get there!
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

mishybum  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse - yay what a great result for you! sounds like it is all going to plan. I hope you get a fab fertilisation rate. Can't wait to hear your updates. So exciting.

Hope for all - we stayed for 3 weeks but did a lot of trips in that time as we wanted to make it a great holiday too.

Mishy - welcome to the forum. I am sorry for all you have been through. You will get some great here. Good luck with your journey.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

mishybum  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mishy: Welcome! We're also going to be in CT in November and I know what you mean about the organisation, does seem very daunting! But am trying to break it down into small chunks and deal with what I need to at every stage rather than tackle the whole thing in one go, if that makes sense.

Seahorse: Great numbers! Are you having fun over there?

AFM: I'm slowly trying to think of an itinerary for when we're over in CT. One thing I can't get my head around is that at the moment, the provisional egg retrieval is two days after my lining scan. I'm assuming that between egg retrieval and transfer would be the best time to try and do a couple of nights on safari so do the dates firm up a bit nearer the time so we can book something? How much time did everyone have between ER (for which my husband needs to drop off his contribution that morning?) and ET on average?
    I feel I'm asking a lot of questions at the moment, so apologies for that, but I do appreciate your sage advice!

Hello to everyone else at whatever stage of this process you're at.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mishybum  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Congratulations to those who had BFP recently and hang in there girls who are not quite there yet and good luck to those who just organising things to go to CT.
    I thought i 'd jump in and give everyone an update: we had our 19 weeks scan yesterday and despite all the odds that in IVF cycles the likelihood of conceiving a boy is higher then a girl..... We are in DOBLE PINK Team!! Feeling very blessed!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (10-09-2014),Patsy73  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *double*