Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KLM we did ! I'm a vegemite girl too and don't travel anywhere overseas without it. I too carry the tube of Vegemite just for ease of packing and no risk of broken glass.
    I have never had an issue with customs anywhere in the world , including SA. For most countries the only food items that are usually prohibited are fruits / vegetables and some meats products. Processed products like Vegemite that have an ingredient label are fine.
    I should probably add that we always declare it if the form requires it.
    Cape Town airport we found particularly relaxed when it came to customs - we got ushered straight through...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks January
    DH and I have discussed it at length and while our preference is for a genetic link if possible we are ok if there's not. I guess we have likened it somewhat to being like adoption if that makes sense...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    KLM we did ! I'm a vegemite girl too and don't travel anywhere overseas without it. I too carry the tube of Vegemite just for ease of packing and no risk of broken glass.
    I have never had an issue with customs anywhere in the world , including SA. For most countries the only food items that are usually prohibited are fruits / vegetables and some meats products. Processed products like Vegemite that have an ingredient label are fine.
    I should probably add that we always declare it if the form requires it.
    Cape Town airport we found particularly relaxed when it came to customs - we got ushered straight through...
    ☺️totally blushing, but pleased you can understand Blinky! Lol. Thank you, I will definitely take it with us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel embarrassed KLM , I have always found having vegemite in my pack as being a great way to start or add to a conversation when travelling. Australians seem to be known by a handful of things (beaches, kangaroos , AussieAussieAussie chant and vegemite!)
    I would consider myself an adventurous traveller but vegemite has also saved me more then a few times when food options have been slim or beyond my palate. (Vegemite will always win hands down in my books when the only food options you are presented with are dog meat, snakes blood or animal innards - true story!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's beta is in. It's up from 520 to 1777 in 3 days. I can relax now until next BT in a week. These tests are so stressful!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear Blinky, yes Vegemite would be my choice too in those cases!

Wow MrsErin, great numbers!

Another question about appointments over there, after the initial scan, then transfer, do I go in again before I leave? Is there a certain timeframe? (Just planning other activities and thinking of going to a game park in port Elizabeth which requires travel), but only if time allows. Did you girls rest up for a few days after transfer? How long do you recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM, the transfer was the last appointment for us and I was told to rest for 1 day. Which game park do you have in mind? We went to Kuzuko Lodge which is about 1.5 hours drive from PE. Having now recommended that I think be careful about doing game drives after transfer. They are extremely bumpy! I would have been worried about embryo bouncing around even though I know it's not supposed to move .
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 23-06-2014 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsErin. That makes it easier to plan stuff. Would be good to do it before transfer but there probably wouldn't be time plus it don't know till I'm there if it will be 3 or 5 day transfer.
    Still looking at where to go. Right now looking at Sanbona which is 3hrs from Capetown - haven't read reviews yet. I'll check out the one you mentioned too. Did you feel safe driving distances ?(assuming you hired a car).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    Thanks MrsErin. That makes it easier to plan stuff. Would be good to do it before transfer but there probably wouldn't be time plus it don't know till I'm there if it will be 3 or 5 day transfer.
    Still looking at where to go. Right now looking at Sanbona which is 3hrs from Capetown - haven't read reviews yet. I'll check out the one you mentioned too. Did you feel safe driving distances ?(assuming you hired a car).
    I'm sure some others here can tell you about Sanbona. I'm sure people have mentioned it. We went to Kuzuko from PE and then drove from PE to Cape Town along the garden route over 4 days. It was spectacular. The roads were great and we felt totally safe driving. I hired a SIM card and used iPhone as GPS and that worked well. To get to Kuzuko we had to drive about 100km on nice freeway and then 30km on dirt road which was a little daunting but we didn't have any issues. After being bumped around a safari 4wd for 2 days the drive back out on the dirt road felt like nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny about the game drives and the bumps. I think the bumpy rides helped my BFP as the little emby had to cling on for dear life! Love reading about all the positive results of late xx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app