Closed Thread
Page 59 of 99 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    (DH here)

Thanks Ladies! We liked the idea of twins, but are stoked with one! Dr LR said one twin stops growing in about 15% of cases.

Also found out today we have 4 embies in the freezer, which is 2 better than we had thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiks View Post
    ..Does anyone how much in cash one can take to SA? A d also how easy is it to use a credit card in shops.

thanks.
    I think you can take a fair bit of foreign currency...more than you would want to. You may have to declare it thats all. We had no problem using aussie credit cards in shops.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tittles, very sorry to hear about your twin but I'm glad the other one is going strong. I've heard of this happening to quite a few people. Doesn't make it any easier. Quite bittersweet I imagine.

Jiks, we had no problem using credit cards in SA. Just make sure you have a PIN Code on them. We took some cash from Australia but it was unnecessary as ATM's are everywhere. Maybe just take enough to get you through initial expenses like taxis and some food etc. it's helpful to hang on to small notes for tipping.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (10-09-2014),Patsy73  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittles - so sorry to hear about your twin, it must be hard wanting to celebrate one heartbeat knowing you lost one. Big hugs. Xx
    Patsy - wow!! Can't believe you have your plan already. Congrats! And you chose your donor after us. Someone is sending you lotsa good vibes.
    We are still waiting on our donor testing and unfortunately we have had to push back our trip as our donor has exams. so we will be arriving when you are leaving. Was so looking forward to catching up with you guys.
    Jiks - not sure re credit cards but a friend told us they charge big fees for international use? I will be heading to the bank to ask soon.
    Good luck to everyone else!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MardiCharli: Oh, that's such a shame. Are you still going to be there in November? And how did you get on with your FS re the Synarel/Lucrin debate? Have you made a decision?
    We're actually a little freaked out to get a treatment plan so quickly to be honest... Going to sleep on it and then start attacking the travel side!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But can I be cheeky and ask one more question tonight? We're going to be flying from Melbourne so has anyone got any advice on flights? Our best option seems to be SAA through Perth and Joburg or up to Sydney and then direct to Joburg via Qantas. What did everyone else do? And are flexible flights the way to go? Or just book for longer than the 12 days they require you to be there.
    Thanks all, really appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle - so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. That is heartbreaking. But how wonderful that you have another strong little fighter in there. I hope everything goes well for you both from this point forward.

Luca - glad your betas are all heading in the right direction. Hope that the morning sickness eases soon

Patsy - our SA conceived child was also our 2nd. We took our daughter along with us to SA last year and told her about everything so that she could be a part of the journey. She absolutely loved every minute of South Africa and talks about things we did there all the time. It was an amazing experience for her.

We are now thinking seriously about going back to SA to try for number three.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-09-2014),Patsy73  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy73 View Post
    But can I be cheeky and ask one more question tonight? We're going to be flying from Melbourne so has anyone got any advice on flights? Our best option seems to be SAA through Perth and Joburg or up to Sydney and then direct to Joburg via Qantas. What did everyone else do? And are flexible flights the way to go? Or just book for longer than the 12 days they require you to be there.
    Thanks all, really appreciate your help.
    Patsy, I'm from Melb. We went MEL/SIN/JBURG/CPT it was about 22 hrs with Singapore airlines... pretty minimal transit times and we booked a saver fare - you can change with a fee.
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - yes we are disappointed. Harder to organize work around and am scared as it was just a few days before Christmas last year that I got my BFN from my 17th and last cycle with my own eggs. Made for a very sad Christmas. Really don't want to repeat that.
    Our first appt isn't until the 21st Nov now so won't be home until Dec 5th or so..
    I forgot to mention last week. My FS was awesome and gave me scripts for everything needed, plus spares for the Synarel in case we can't get hold of the Lucrin injection. He said it would be much better with the one off injection and is trying to see if his nurse can order it in for me. Must ring him tomorrow! He even gave me a pregnancy test form so I don't have to see my GP when I return. And to top it off he didn't even charge us for the 30min appt. Feel very supported now, and to think I was a bit worried to see him again after a year!
    We have only briefly looked into flights back when we first chose our donor but, as we will be traveling for the first time OS with our then 4 yr old, we decided to go the most direct route. We are in Adelaide, so that will mean to Perth, then Joburg with SAA and down to CT. He's never flown for more than 2 hours so the quicker the better. I did speak with a travel agent who said SAA were similar to QANTAS and Singapore Airlines so think we will be happy to go that way. It will of course depend on what's available and of course cost when we get the ok to book.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I don't know what I would have done if I haven't found this site. You are such beautiful people. I got a credit card that doesn't charge for international transactions.
    Another one, how do I make my outstanding payments to CFC. I'm thinking of doing the transfer now from here. And hopefully it would have cleared by the time I get to SA?

How did you ladies get around that. Thanks a million ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great result Seahorse1